|Directed by||Pascale Ferran|
|Produced by||Denis Freyd|
|Written by||Guillaume Bréaud|
|Music by||Béatrice Thiriet|
|Edited by||Mathilde Muyard|
France 2 Cinéma
Titre et Structure Production
|Distributed by||Diaphana Distribution|
|Budget||$7.9 million |
|Box office||$866.000 |
Bird People is a 2014 French drama film directed by Pascale Ferran. It was screened in the Un Certain Regard section at the 2014 Cannes Film Festival. It was also screened in the Contemporary World Cinema section at the 2014 Toronto International Film Festival.
University student Audrey Camuzet works in Paris as a hotel maid where Gary Newman, an American businessman from Silicon Valley, is staying. The night after his meeting, Gary has difficulty sleeping and suffers a panic attack. When morning arrives, he stays in his room, deliberately misses his flight to Dubai where he had further business. He decides to quit his job, divorce his wife Elizabeth, leave his family and remain in the hotel indefinitely.
Audrey tidies Gary's room after initially being surprised to find that he had not yet departed and discovers he was supposed to already be in Dubai. When the hotel experiences an electrical blackout, she goes to the roof to investigate and transforms into a sparrow! She glides down to the ground, overhears other people's conversations, practices her new found flying abilities and peeps into various hotel rooms. After checking on Gary, she returns to the hotel roof and finds herself unable to return to her human form.
That night, she follows coworker Simon in his car to a park where he sleeps. After escaping attacks by a cat and an owl, she returns to the hotel roof. In the morning, she awakens in her original form once again. Later, Audrey literally bumps into Gary as he checks out of the hotel. They share an elevator ride and a conversation.
- Josh Charles as Gary Newman
- Anaïs Demoustier as Audrey Camuzet
- Roschdy Zem as Simon
- Camélia Jordana as Leila
- Geoffrey Cantor as Allan
- Clark Johnson as McCullan
- Akela Sari as Mme Baccar
- Anne Azoulay as Melle Lhomond
- Manuel Vallade as Boris
- Genevieve Adams as Katlyn
- Taklyt Vongdara as Akira
- Radha Mitchell as Elisabeth Newman
- Catherine Ferran as Nuala
- Hippolyte Girardot as Vengers
- Mathieu Amalric as The Narrator
- Philippe Duclos as Audrey's father (voice)
- Kate Moran as Gary's sister (voice)
- "Bird People". Cannes. Retrieved 15 May 2014.
- "Bird People". JP's Box-Office. Retrieved 11 October 2014.
- "Bird People (2014) - International Box Office Results - Box Office Mojo". www.boxofficemojo.com. Retrieved 3 February 2019.
- "2014 Official Selection". Cannes. Retrieved 18 April 2014.
- "TIFF Adds 'Clouds of Sils Maria' and 'Two Days, One Night,' Reveals 5 More Lineups". Indiewire. Retrieved 28 August 2014.
|This 2010s drama film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to a French film of the 2010s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|