|Presented by||Women's Sports Foundation|
The Billie Awards was an American awards ceremony that focused on positive portrayals of female athletes in visual media. It was held in Los Angeles, California by Billie Jean King's The Women's Sports Foundation from 2006-2009.
2009 Billie Awards
- Breakthrough and Innovation: “Here I Am” – Nike, Advertising Campaign
- Industry Leader: Dick Ebersol
- Journalism: Mighty Macs – ESPN SportsCenter, Produced by Drew Gallagher; Sync or Swim – Produced by Cheryl Furjanic and Amanda Keropian; The Great Swim – Walker & Company, by Gavin Mortimer
2008 Billie Awards
Nominations for the third annual Billie Awards included Women in American Horse Racing and Generation IX in the Entertainment category.
- Entertainment: Chak De! India'
- Journalism: Marathon Woman: Running the Race to Revolutionize Women's Sports
- Breakthrough and Innovation: Boom Boom Tap
- Outstanding Journalist: Lesley Visser
2007 Billie Awards
- Entertainment: The Heart of the Game
- Journalism: Lady Caliphs by ESPN
- Breakthrough and Innovation: MADE, MTV Networks
- Industry Leader: Ross Greenberg
2006 Billie Awards
- Entertainment: Dare to Dream: The Story of the U.S. Women's Soccer Team
- Journalism: Christine Brennan - USA Today
- Breakthrough and Innovation: Game Face: What Does a Female Athlete Look Like?
- Industry Leader: Bud Greenspan – Cappy Productions
- Green, Andrea. "The Women's Sports Foundation announce 'The Billies' awards at Tiffany and Co. Beverly Hills". lasplash.com.
- Caprario, M.D. "Billies Awards Smash-Hit on West Coast Scene". lasplash.com.
- Caprario, M.D. "Billie Jean King "Billies" Award Winners to be Announced April 20". lasplash.com.
- Gilbert, Elizabeth. "Billies at Tiffany's". lasplash.com.
- "The Billie Awards". Women's Sports Foundation.
- "Women's Sports Foundation Hosted The Billies, Recognizing Media Excellence in Women's Sports and Physical Activity".
- The director Shimit Amin commented on the reaction to the film during The Billie Awards:"The reaction to the movie was simply fantastic. You would not believe that this was a foreign audience – comprised [of] professional writers, critics and industry professionals for the most part – the way they reacted." "Another Ace". The Hindu. Retrieved 2015-08-19.
- "Women's Sports Foundation(R) Hosted The Billies, Recognizing Media Excellence in Women's Sports and Physical Activity".