|46th and 54th Mayor of Pasadena|
May 1999 – May 2015
|Preceded by||Chris Holden|
|Succeeded by||Terry Tornek|
May 1984 – May 1986
|Preceded by||Loretta Thompson-Glickman|
|Succeeded by||John C. Crowley|
|Born||January 18, 1938|
Sioux City, Iowa
|Spouse(s)||Claire M. Whalen (m. 1961)|
|Alma mater||Loyola Marymount University|
University of Michigan Law School
On January 18, 1938, Bogaard was born in Sioux City, Iowa.
Bogaard is a member of the Democratic Party. He was first elected mayor in 1999, and was reelected with an overwhelming majority of the vote (over 85%) in 2003. Bogaard was the first elected mayor of Pasadena since the 1940s and the longest-serving mayor in Pasadena's history.
Prior to being elected mayor, Bogaard was a lawyer, and taught at the University of Michigan and the University of Southern California. He graduated from Loyola Marymount University and was a captain in the U.S. Air Force. He obtained his juris doctorate degree from the University of Michigan.
In 2011, Bogaard ran unopposed, receiving 12,202 votes.
|Democratic||Chris Holden (incumbent)||7,760||40|
|Democratic||Bill Bogaard (incumbent)||9,800||85|
|Democratic||Bill Bogaard (incumbent)||11,558||89|
- Proctor ran as "decline to state" as he did not join the Republican Party until late 2007.
|Democratic||Bill Bogaard (incumbent)||12,202||100|
- "Mayor's Biography". The City of Pasadena. Retrieved November 26, 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Wride, Nancy (2007-03-20). "Pasadena mayor speaks softly - and keeps winning - Los Angeles Times". Los Angeles Times.
- "Resolution No. 9103" (PDF). Pasadena, California: City of Pasadena (California). 2011-03-21. pp. 1–4. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2012-03-19. Retrieved 2011-09-02. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "League of California Cities Announces New Board Officers". 2012-09-07. Archived from the original on 2012-12-11. Retrieved 2012-11-17. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- André Coleman and Joe Piasecki (2007-01-11). "The Bogaard Report". Pasadena Weekly. Retrieved 2007-07-08. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Claire Noland (2007-06-09). "Former Pasadena Mayor Mortimer Matthews, 76, Dies". Los Angeles Times.
| Mayor of Pasadena
John C. Crowley
| Member of the Pasadena Board of City Directors for the 6th District
| Mayor of Pasadena