The front cover of a Bhutanese passport
|Date first issued||app. 2006 (current version)|
|Type of document||Passport|
|Eligibility requirements||Bhutanese citizenship|
A Bhutanese passport is a document which authorises and facilitates travel and other activities in Bhutan or by Bhutanese citizens.
In the Kingdom of Bumthang, which constitutes a part of modern-day Bhutan, feudal passbooks or 'dzeng' (Dzongkha: ཛེང) were issued to court messengers in order to travel from kingdom to kingdom. Diplomacy and mediating were crucially important measures in pre-modern Bhutan chiefdoms.
- List of passports
- Visa policy of Bhutan
- Visa requirements for Bhutanese citizens
- Bhutanese Citizenship Act 1985
- http://www.nab.gov.bt/downloads/82NA%20resolution.doc[permanent dead link]
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2015-09-23. Retrieved 2013-05-31.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- James Minahan (1 December 2009). The complete guide to national symbols and emblems. Greenwood Press. ISBN 978-0-313-34498-5.