|Beyond the Blue Horizon|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Alfred Santell|
|Produced by||Monta Bell|
|Screenplay by||Frank Butler|
|Story by||E. Lloyd Sheldon|
|Music by||Victor Young|
|Cinematography||Charles P. Boyle|
William C. Mellor
|Edited by||Doane Harrison|
|Distributed by||Paramount Pictures|
|Box office||$2 million (US rentals)|
Beyond the Blue Horizon is a 1942 American adventure film directed by Alfred Santell and written by Frank Butler. The film stars Dorothy Lamour, Richard Denning, Jack Haley, Patricia Morison, Walter Abel, Helen Gilbert and Elizabeth Patterson. The film was released on June 25, 1942, by Paramount Pictures.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (March 2015)
Circus lion tamer Jakra and publicist Squidge are intrigued when they hear about Tama, a beautiful woman from Malaya who may be the rightful heiress to an American family's fortune.
To find proof of the claim, Jakra and his girlfriend go with Squidge and another interested party, Professor Thornton, to the Malayan jungle where Tama was raised. There they see her tiger, which can swim, and hear tales of a killer elephant responsible for many deaths.
Natives, expecting riches, turn against the visitors, but Tama's tiger comes to their rescue. They discover documents that prove Tama to be the legitimate heir to the fortune, then run from the rampaging elephant, which ultimately plunges off a cliff to its death.
- Dorothy Lamour as Tama
- Richard Denning as Jakra the Magnificent
- Jack Haley as Squidge Sullivan
- Patricia Morison as Sylvia
- Walter Abel as Prof. Thornton
- Helen Gilbert as Carol
- Elizabeth Patterson as Mrs. Daly
- Edward Fielding as Judge Chase
- Gerald Oliver Smith as Chadwick
- Frank Reicher as Sneath
- Abner Biberman as La'oa
- Charles Stevens as Panao
- Charles Cane as Broderick
- William Telaak as Willys
- Gogo as Gogo
- Ines Palange as the native nurse
- "101 Pix Gross in Millions" Variety 6 Jan 1943 p 58
- Crowther, Bosley (1942-06-25). "Movie Review – Beyond the Blue Horizon – At the Paramount". NYTimes.com. Retrieved 2015-03-23.
- "Beyond the Blue Horizon (1942) – Overview". TCM.com. Retrieved 2015-03-23.
- Reid, John Howard (2006). Hollywood Movie Musicals: Great, Good and Glamorous. Lula Press, Inc. p. 13. ISBN 978-1411697621. Retrieved June 24, 2019.
|This article about an adventure film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|