|Betty in Search of a Thrill|
(UK: The Merry Madcap)
title of the film as released in UK. The scene depicted in this British poster is actually from Elsie Janis's next film Nearly a Lady also with Owen Moore. Probably The Merry Madcap poster was printed while Nearly a Lady was in new release later in the summer of 1915.
|Directed by||Phillips Smalley|
|Produced by||Hobart Bosworth|
|Screenplay by||Elsie Janis|
Hobart Bosworth Productions
Oliver Morosco Photoplay Company
|Distributed by||Paramount Pictures|
Anchor Film Company(UK)
|Language||Silent (English intertitles)|
Betty in Search of a Thrill is a lost 1915 American silent adventure film that was directed by Phillips Smalley and Lois Weber and written by Elsie Janis. The film stars Elsie Janis, Owen Moore, Juanita Hansen, Herbert Standing, Vera Lewis, and Harry Ham. The film was released on May 17, 1915, by Paramount Pictures.
This article needs a plot summary. (July 2018)
- Elsie Janis as Betty
- Owen Moore as Jim Denning
- Juanita Hansen as June Hastings
- Herbert Standing as Mr. Hastings
- Vera Lewis as Mrs. Hastings
- Harry Ham as A Boarder
- Roberta Hickman as Maizie Folette
- Pictorial History of the Silent Screen, p.75, by Daniel Blum c.1953
- The Library of Congress/FIAF American Silent Feature Film Survival Catalog:..Betty in Search of a Thrill
- "Betty in Search of a Thrill (1915) - Overview - TCM.com". Turner Classic Movies. Retrieved 22 December 2014.
- "Betty-in-Search-of-a-Thrill - Trailer - Cast - Showtimes - NYTimes.com". The New York Times. Retrieved 22 December 2014.
- The AFI Catalog of Feature Films 1893-1993:..Betty in Search of a Thrill