Bernard John (Bernie) Wood Department of Earth Sciences at Oxford University. He is a Fellow of the American Geophysical Union. He has received awards from a number of other learned societies including the Mineralogical Society of America, the Geochemical Society, the Mineralogical Society of Great Britain and Ireland, the European Geosciences Union, the Alexander von Humboldt Stiftung (DE), the Max Planck Gesellschaft (DE), the Deutsche Mineralogische Gesellschaft and the Geological Society of London.is a British geologist, and Professor of Mineralogy at the
Wood was educated at William Ellis School (Highgate, London) and the Northern Polytechnic (Holloway, London) where he earned a BSc University of London in 1967. He also earned an MSc from the University of Leeds in 1968, and a PhD in Geophysics from the University of Newcastle-upon-Tyne in 1972.
Career and research
Honours and awards
- 2014 Roebling Medal of the Mineralogical Society of America
- 2013 Harry H. Hess Award
- 2003 V. M. Goldschmidt Award
- 1997 Arthur Holmes Medal 
- 1998 Elected Fellow of the Royal Society
- "Prof. Bernard Wood's Research Profile", Department of Earth Sciences, University of Oxford, 27 April 2012, retrieved 8 August 2012
- "2001 Fellow Bernard J Wood". Retrieved 19 June 2013.
- "Bernard Wood Research Profile". University of Oxford Department of Earth Sciences. 14 June 2013. Retrieved 19 June 2013.
- Blundy, Jon (2015). "Presentation of the 2014 Roebling Medal of the Mineralogical Society of America to Bernard J. Wood" (PDF). American Mineralogist. 100 (5–6): 1312. doi:10.2138/am-2015-AP1005-610. S2CID 131066686. Retrieved 29 September 2017.
- Wood, Bernard J. (2015). "Acceptance of the 2014 Roebling Medal of the Mineralogical Society of America to Bernard J. Wood" (PDF). American Mineralogist. 100: 1313–1314. doi:10.2138/am-2015-AP1005-69. S2CID 101379602. Retrieved 29 September 2017.
- "MEDALLISTS". European Union of Geosciences. Retrieved 30 April 2020.