|Operator||City of Greater Bendigo|
|Location||East Bendigo, Bendigo, Victoria|
|Elevation AMSL||705 ft / 215 m|
Bendigo Airport (IATA: BXG, ICAO: YBDG), is located in East Bendigo just north of Bendigo, Victoria, Australia, just off the Midland Highway. The airport is about 10 minutes drive from the CBD of Bendigo.
In 2017 Bendigo Airport was upgraded with a new taxiway system, new lighting and a new 1.6 km north–south runway. New lighting and signage was also added.
Bendigo Airport has a small terminal building which is located on the western side.
The airport has 25 private hangars for small aircraft. The hangars are located at the northern end of the terminal.
Airlines and destinations
- Air Ambulance Victoria
- Bendigo Aviation Services (BAS)
- Bendigo Flying Club (BFC)
- Bendigo Recreational Aviation School
- RMIT Flight Training School
Accidents and incidents
- On 19 May 2015, a Cirrus SR22T registered VH-EPG from Moorabbin to Mildura declared a PAN PAN after smoke built up in the cockpit. On approach the aircraft cleared a row of trees and made a final landing on runway 17. Emergency crews responded to the emergency. The pilot and passenger were not injured.
- On the 17 December 2017 an ultralight plane crashed during takeoff. The aircraft was registered 23-8769 . The pilot and the instructor were taken to Bendigo Hospital with minor injuries. Emergency services were called to the scene. The cause of the crash is unknown. Recreational Aviation Australia are investigating the accident.
- On 15 Aug 2019, an ultralight plane experienced a hard landing resulting in a nose wheel collapse during a training flight. The aircraft was an ICP Savannah registered 24-7795. The main north/south runways 17/35 were closed for 3 hours. En-route aircraft were diverted to nearby airstrips. Emergency services responded and firefighters used foam on a small fuel leak from the plane. The two pilots were uninjured.
- PDF). AIP En Route Supplement from Airservices Australia, effective 15 August 2019, Aeronautical Chart Archived 10 April 2012 at the Wayback Machine (
- "New Qantas service to fly from Bendigo to Sydney six days a week Local News". Retrieved 10 December 2018.
- "Recreational Aviation Australia to investigate ultralight plane crash at Bendigo Airport". Retrieved 18 December 2017.
- "Bendigo Airport plane crash: north-south runway closed". Retrieved 15 August 2019.
- Bendigo Airport | City of Greater Bendigo
- Aviation Photos: Bendigo (BXG / YBDG) at Airliners.net
- Video of Prince Charles Taking off Bendigo Airport (BXG / YBDG)
|This article about an Australian airport is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a building or structure in Victoria (Australia) is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|