|Full name||Ben Jones|
|Born||24 June 1990|
Orange, New South Wales, Australia
|Height||178 cm (5 ft 10 in)|
|Weight||93 kg (14 st 9 lb)|
|Position||Hooker, Centre, Five-eighth, Halfback, Fullback|
As of 23 January 2019
Jones was born in Orange, New South Wales, Australia.
Jones started his first-grade career with the Sydney Roosters, his NRL debut coming in round 23 of the 2008 season, against the Melbourne Storm. In 2010, Jones was called into the Indigenous All Stars representative side for the annual match against the NRL All Stars after first-choice hooker PJ Marsh withdrew because of injury. The Roosters qualified the NRL Grand Final in the 2010 season, although Jones was not a member of the Roosters' squad for the match, which lost to the St George Illawarra Dragons.
After 27 NRL matches for the Roosters, Jones joined the North Queensland Cowboys for the 2011 season. The Roosters had been unable to keep him under the NRL's salary cap. During the 2011 season, he was selected to fill in for the Cowboys' captain Johnathan Thurston in the key halfback position.
In November 2013, it was announced that he would join the Parramatta Eels on a train and trial basis for the 2014 preseason.
- Rugby League Project
- "Nth Qld Cowboys". Archived from the original on 21 October 2011. Retrieved 21 October 2011.
- Stewart, Antony (22 February 2011). "New Cowboy lines up with JT in chance to make it reality". Townsville Bulletin. Retrieved 21 October 2011.
- Jackson, Glenn (11 February 2010). "Redhead Jones gets green light for dream clash after late withdrawal". Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 21 October 2011.
- Ricketts, Steve (5 January 2011). "Roosters utility Ben Jones joins North Queensland Cowboys". The Daily Telegraph (Sydney). Retrieved 21 October 2011.
- McDonald, Margie (23 July 2011). "Henry's backing Ben to fill void". The Australian. Retrieved 21 October 2011.
- "Men's Honour Roll". Sydney Roosters.