Benjamin Charles Aldridge
12 November 1985
Benjamin Charles Aldridge (born 12 November 1985) is an English actor. He is best known for is portrayal of Thomas Wayne in the crime drama series Pennyworth and "Arsehole Guy" in the tragicomedy series Fleabag.
Early life and education
Having worked with the National Youth Theatre, Aldridge graduated from the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art with a bursary from the Genesis Foundation for young actors. He left early to begin filming the 2009 ITV film Compulsion alongside Ray Winstone and Parminder Nagra.
In 2008, Aldridge made his television debut in Channel 4's four-part miniseries The Devil's Whore, playing Harry Fanshawe, husband of the title character. That same year, he was featured on Screen International's "Stars of Tomorrow" list. In addition to First Light, Lewis, Toast and Vera, Aldridge also appeared as Daniel Parish in the BBC One period drama Lark Rise to Candleford. In 2011, the American network The CW cast Aldridge as the lead in the pilot Heavenly. Later on he spent time in Belgrade shooting the partially improvised romance short film In the Night for director Ivana Bobic and award-winning cinematographer Rain Li, alongside supermodel Danijela Dimitrovska.
In 2013, Aldridge starred in Almeida Theatre's production of American Psycho as Paul Owen, opposite Matt Smith as Patrick Bateman, Susannah Fielding as Evelyn Williams, Jonathan Bailey as Tim Price and Lucie Jones as Victoria. The musical thriller featured a book by Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa based on Bret Easton Ellis's cult novel, with music and lyrics by Duncan Sheik. The vh was directed by Rupert Goold, and run at the Almeida Theatre from 3 December 2013 to 1 February 2014.
Aldridge is a co-founder of "In the Corner Productions". He directed the comedy pilot Pet Shop Girls in late 2011, which he co-wrote and co-produced with actor-writers Luke Norris, Ed Hancock and Kirsty Woodward.
|2010||First Light||Brian Kingcome||Television film|
|2012||The Cricklewood Greats||Joe Hazelhurst||Television film|
|2013||In the Night||Alex||Short film|
|2013||The Railway Man||Mike Moffat|
|2018||Paris Song||George Gershwin|
|2008||The Devil's Whore||Harry Fanshawe||Miniseries; episode 1|
|2009||Lewis||Daniel Rattenbury||Episode: "The Point of Vanishing"|
|2010–11||Lark Rise to Candleford||Daniel Parish||Starring role; 16 episodes|
|2012||Vera||Ollie/Alex Barton||Episode: "Sandancers"|
|2013||Pramface||Marcus||Episode: "If You Cry, I'll Cry"|
|2013||The Bible||Luke||Miniseries; episode: "Courage"|
|2014–2018||Our Girl||Captain Charles James||Main role|
|2014–15||Reign||Antoine of Navarre||7 episodes|
|2016||Fleabag||Arsehole Guy||Recurring role; 6 episodes|
|2019–present||Pennyworth||Thomas Wayne||Main role|
|2012||The Secret World||Saïd||Voice|
|Title||Role||Theatre / Producer|
|The White Devil||Flamineo||LAMDA|
|The Country Wife||Mr Horner||LAMDA|
|Blue Remembered Hills||John||LAMDA|
|The Master and Margarita||Pinstripe / Doctor||Lyric Hammersmith (2004)|
|Antigone at Hell's Mouth||Rothenkopf||Kneehigh Theatre (2005)|
|Fish and Company||Tom||Soho Theatre (2006)|
|Shelf Life||Dan||Old Red Lion|
|Romeo and Juliet||Benvolio||Shakespeare's Globe (2009)|
|Pride and Prejudice (workshop)||Charles Bingley||Sonia Friedman Productions|
|Bend It Like Beckham (workshop)||Various||Sonia Friedman Productions|
|The Kinks (workshop)||Pete|
|The Lyons||Brian Hutchins||Menier Chocolate Factory (2013)|
|American Psycho||Paul Owen||Almeida Theatre (2013)|
- "findmypast.co.uk". search.findmypast.co.uk. Retrieved 28 November 2016.
- July, 10; 2008. "BEN ALDRIDGE".CS1 maint: numeric names: authors list (link)
- "Genesis Foundation".
- "I'd Tell You I Love You but Then I'd Have to Kill You".
- "Lark Rise to Candleford - BBC One".
- "Our Girl - Captain James - BBC One".
- "THE NEW DANDIES".
- "The journey to pride was a long one for me. I love the LGBTQ+ community and am incredibly proud and thankful to be a part of it. So much won. So much more to fight for. #pride". instagram.com. Ben Aldridge. 27 June 2020. Retrieved 29 June 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Milton, Josh (29 June 2020). "Fleabag star Ben Aldridge comes out as a 'proud and thankful' member of the LGBT+ community". Pink News. Retrieved 29 June 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "American Psycho Cast". almeida.co.uk. Almeida Theatre. Retrieved 7 October 2013. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)