|Bellarmine College Preparatory|
960 West Hedding Street
|Type||Private boys secondary school|
|Motto||Men for and with others|
|Religious affiliation(s)||Roman Catholic|
|Patron saint(s)||Robert Bellarmine|
|Color(s)||Blue and white|
|Athletics conference||West Catholic Athletic League (most sports)|
Peninsula Athletic League (in lacrosse)
Skyhawk Conference (in rugby)
|Accreditation||Western Association of Schools and Colleges|
|Publication||Bellarmine Political Review (newsmagazine)|
|Newspaper||The Bell Online|
The Bellarmine Bells have 34 teams in 13 sports in the West Catholic Athletic League (WCAL) of the CIF Central Coast Section. Sports include football, basketball, baseball, soccer, volleyball, water polo, swimming, diving, lacrosse, tennis, cross country, golf, wrestling, track and field, and ice hockey. As of the 2009-10 school year, Bellarmine added rugby as a club team, competing in spring in the Skyhawk Conference. The campus includes an outdoor swimming pool, baseball diamond, and gymnasium, along with new facilities for soccer, football, and all-weather track. Since 1981, Bellarmine leads CIF Central Coast Section schools with 115 Division 1 titles.
The swimming team won the California state championship in 2012.
The College Park Caltrain station is adjacent to the campus. The station is served by only 4 trains a day, timed to correspond with the school's hours. The school has lobbied Caltrain to avoid cutting service to the station.
- Joe Albanese: MLB (1958)
- Sunkrish Bala '02: actor, played Eric on ABC's Notes from the Underbelly
- Jose Moreno Brooks '03: actor, plays Gael Garnica on NBC's Telenovela (TV series)
- Justin Baughman '92: MLB (1998–2000)
- Jim Beall '70: California's 24th District State Assemblyman (2006-)
- Wayne Belardi: MLB (1950–1956)
- Frank Bergon '61: novelist, scholar, teacher, translator; Nevada Writers Hall of Fame 
- Craig Bragg: played for NFL's Green Bay Packers, New York Jets, Chicago Bears
- Alex Brightman '05: Stage actor, originated the leading role of Dewey Finn in the Broadway musical School of Rock
- Copeland Bryan: played for NFL's Chicago Bears, Buffalo Bills, Detroit Lions
- Pat Burrell: MLB, 2000–2011; 1st overall selection in 1998 MLB draft; World Series champion with Philadelphia Phillies and San Francisco Giants
- Mark Canha '07: MLB (2015–present)), player for Oakland Athletics
- Ron Caragher '85: head football coach, San Jose State University (2013-16); coached previously at University of San Diego, UCLA and Kentucky
- Sal Cesario: played for NFL's Dallas Cowboys
- Ming W. Chin: Associate Justice, Supreme Court of California
- Bill Connors: MLB player (1966–1968) and coach
- Dennis Crosby: singer and actor, Ben Casey (TV), Duffy's Tavern (1945 film)
- Phillip Crosby: singer and actor, Robin and the 7 Hoods (1964), Sergeants 3 (1962) and None But the Brave (1965)
- David Diaz-Infante: played for NFL's San Diego Chargers, Denver Broncos, Philadelphia Eagles
- Helmy Eltoukhy: co-founder & CEO of biotech startup companies Avantome and Guardant Health
- Nello Falaschi: played for NFL's New York Giants
- Conn Findlay '48: holds four Olympic medals, three in rowing (1956 gold, 1960 bronze, 1964 gold) and one in sailing (1976 bronze)
- Kevin Frandsen: MLB player, San Francisco Giants (2006-2015)
- Bob Gallagher: MLB (1972–1975)
- John W. Gallivan '33: publisher of The Salt Lake Tribune, 1960–1984
- Juan Gamboa '04: Arena Football League kicker for San Jose SaberCats, 2011
- Ed Giovanola '87: MLB (1995–1999)
- Frank C. Girardot ‘79: Author “Name Dropper: Investigating the Clark Rockefeller Mystery” 
- Erik Goeddel '07: MLB pitcher, New York Mets (2014–present)
- Greg Gohr: MLB (1993–1996)
- Kelly Grovier: poet and literary critic
- Nick Hatzke: MLS player (2007-09), Houston Dynamo
- Nick Holt '81: defensive coordinator of Purdue Boilermakers, former head coach of Idaho Vandals
- Erik Howard: played for NFL's New York Giants, New York Jets
- Gregg Hurwitz '91: author
- Amaechi Igwe: MLS player (2007-09), drafted by New England Revolution, attended Bellarmine 2002–2004
- Randy Kirk '83: NFL (1987–1999)
- Sam Liccardo '87: Mayor of San Jose (2015-)
- Francis Maka '03: linebacker, San Jose SaberCats of Arena Football League
- Joey Manahan: Hawaii State Representative and Honolulu City Councilman
- Tom McEnery: former Mayor of San Jose
- Kevin McMahon '90: track & field athlete at 1996 and 2000 Olympics; teaches in Bellarmine's Visual and Performing Arts department
- Tommy Medica '06: MLB (2013–14)
- Stephen Mirrione '87: Academy Award-winning film editor for Traffic
- Pablo Morales '83: Olympic gold and silver medalist (1979–1983)
- Viet Thanh Nguyen '88: 2016 Pulitzer Prize winner in fiction for his novel The Sympathizer 
- Marv Owen: MLB (1931–1940)
- John B. Owens '89: United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit judge
- Dan Pastorini: NFL quarterback (1971–1981, 1983), Super Bowl XV champion; played in 1975 Pro Bowl
- Leo Righetti '44: baseball player
- Stephen Schott: former owner of Oakland Athletics
- Jim Small: MLB (1955–1958)
- John A. Sobrato: real estate developer
- Eric Thames '04: MLB player (2011–12, 2017)
- John Vasconcellos, California State Senator
- Jim Wahler: played for NFL's Phoenix Cardinals, Washington Redskins
- Jim Wilhelm: MLB (1978–1979)
- Scott Weltz '05: swimmer, competitor in 2012 Olympics (200 m Breaststroke)
- Tony West '83: United States Associate Attorney General
- "Admissions - Bellarmine College Preparatory". www.bcp.org. Retrieved 2019-11-26.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-03-22. Retrieved 2010-04-23.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- National Interscholastic Swimming Coaches Association
- Gottshalk, Mary (March 24, 2011). "Bellarmine College Prep in San Jose campaigns to keep Caltrain station open". The Mercury News. Retrieved 2018-03-17.
- Connections (PDF). Winter 2007. pp. 26–29 http://webs.bcp.org/sites/connections/winter_2007/pdf/connections_winter_2007.pdf.PDF. Missing or empty
- Staff. "Summa Cummlaude for Madera Man" (7 June 1965). Center for Bibliographical Studies & Research. Madera Tribune. Retrieved April 14, 2019.
- "Site Has Moved". ca.gov. Retrieved 24 January 2016.
- "Oldest building at Bellarmine boasts long history in San Jose neighborhood". mercurynews.com. 13 August 2010. Retrieved 24 January 2016.
- "Kevin Frandsen Statistics and History - Baseball-Reference.com". Baseball-Reference.com. Retrieved 24 January 2016.
- "Local guy Juan Gamboa legging it out with San Jose SaberCats". mercurynews.com. 24 March 2011. Retrieved 24 January 2016.
- http://www.goodreads.com/en/book/show/21407287-name-dropper. Retrieved 3 October 2019. Missing or empty
- "Francis Maka Bio - ARENAFOOTBALL.COM". arenafootball.com. Retrieved 24 January 2016.
- "Philippine Daily Inquirer - Google News Archive Search". google.com. Retrieved 24 January 2016.
- "Metroactive Features - Bellarmine Preparatory School". metroactive.com. Retrieved 24 January 2016.
- "Kevin McMahon profile". USA Track & Field.
- "Eric Thames Statistics and History - Baseball-Reference.com". Baseball-Reference.com. Retrieved 24 January 2016.
- "Meet the Associate Attorney General". justice.gov. Retrieved 24 January 2016.