|• Land||54.9394 sq mi (142.292 km2)|
|Elevation||712 ft (217 m)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||486781|
Belfry is an unincorporated community in Pike County, Kentucky. Belfry is located on U.S. Route 119, 16.8 miles (27.0 km) northeast of Pikeville. Belfry has a post office with ZIP code 41514, which opened on February 26, 1921. The origin of the name "Belfry" is obscure.
The larger community of South Williamson borders Belfry to northwest.
- "Belfry". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- State Primary Road System: Pike County (PDF) (Map). Kentucky Transportation Cabinet. 2012. Retrieved September 20, 2012.
- United States Postal Service (2012). "USPS - Look Up a ZIP Code". Retrieved 2012-02-15.
- "Postmaster Finder - Post Offices by ZIP Code". United States Postal Service. Retrieved September 20, 2012.
- Moyer, Armond; Moyer, Winifred (1958). The origins of unusual place-names. Keystone Pub. Associates. p. 141.
- "Kentucky Public Library Directory". Kentucky Department for Libraries and Archives. Retrieved 7 June 2019.
|This Pike County, Kentucky state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|