|Beijing underground cross-city railway|
The entrance at Beijing railway station
|Opened||March 20, 2015|
|Operator(s)||China Railway Beijing Group|
|Rolling stock||HXD3D, SS9, CRH6[a]|
|Line length||9.156 km (6 mi)|
|Track gauge||1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in) standard gauge|
|Electrification||50 Hz 25,000 V|
|Operating speed||120 km/h (maximum speed)|
The Beijing underground cross-city railway is a short railway connection in Beijing. The speed limit is 120 km/h. It connects the important transportation hubs Beijing railway station and Beijing West railway station via a tunnel. It also connects lines from southern and western areas with lines from northeast China. The railway has a length span of 9.156 km (5.689 mi), and has been officially operational since March 20, 2015.
It is used by conventional railway lines such as K7752 from Shijiazhuang to Chengde via Beijing West railway station and Beijing railway station. It is also used by the commuter rail service in Beijing, the Sub-Central line of the Beijing Suburban Railway, which started in December 2017.
In the early 1980s a plan was proposed to connect Beijing railway station to Beijing West railway station via a conventional railway. This was an important part of the overall planning of Beijing West railway station's renovation, originally announced as part of the "Eighth Five-Year Plan". However, due to technical difficulties and other factors, this project did not initiate.
- December 24, 2005: A proposal was made with the aim of completing the construction within 2.5 years, in time for the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games. However, in 2007, the project was delayed and couldn't be completed before the Beijing Olympics.
- July 2013: The construction project was successfully completed
- December 19, 2014: The line passed static inspection.
- December 30, 2014: Test trains tested on the tracks.
- March 20, 2015: Beijing underground cross-city railway officially opened with the first trains running from Shijiazhuang to Chengde (K7742/7743, K7744/7741) train.
- May 15, 2016: Train Z621/622 and Z721/722 Beijing–Lhasa trains, and trains from Shenyang North railway station / Changchun railway station to Beijing West railway station, started to use the tunnel to travel from Beijing–Guangzhou Railway to Beijing–Harbin Railway.
- December 31, 2017: The commuter rail service in Beijing, the Sub-Central line of the Beijing Suburban Railway, started to use Beijing underground cross-city railway by CRH6A. The Sub-Central line runs from Beijing West railway station to Tongzhou railway station.
- Construction Unit: Beijing Railway Bureau
- Construction Unit: China Railway Liu Ju Group Limited, China Railway 16 Bureau Group Co., Ltd., China Railway Bureau Group, a company tunnel
- Designer: Third Railway Survey and Design Institute
- Supervisor: Academy of Railway Sciences Engineering Construction Supervision Department, China Railway Engineering Consulting Corporation, Beijing Railway Construction Engineering Co. Ltd.
Main technical standards
- Railroad grade: I level
- Number of main lines: Double
- Minimum curve radius: General area 800 meters, 550 meters in difficult sections
- Limiting gradient: 16%
- Effective train length: 650 m
- Type of traction: Electric traction
- Rolling stock: HXD3D, SS9, CRH6[a]
- Block type: Automatic block
- 北京站列车明年“钻地”直通北京西站. 2013-01-28
- Shao Wenjie (邵文杰) (2005-12-25). 北京站至北京西站地下直径线动工. Guangming Daily. Retrieved 2010-07-13.
- 北京���-西站首开地下“火车摆渡” 20日开通直径线. Sohu News. 2015-03-09.
- 关于市郊铁路城市副中心线车辆购置及交通标识系统工程项目建议书（代可行性研究报告）的批复-工程建设领域项目信息-北京市发展和改革委员会. www.bjpc.gov.cn. Archived from the original on 2017-09-27. Retrieved 2017-09-27.
- 北京两大火车站将通地下列车 2008年前建成. Xinhua News. Retrieved 2010-06-02.
- 北京铁路地下直径线贯通 预计2015年初实现地下穿行. Beijing Municipal People's Government. 2013-07-27. Archived from the original on 2014-11-29. Retrieved 2013-07-27.
- 北京站至西站地下线空载试运行. People's Daily Online Politics.
- 北京站-北京西站 乘火车15分钟就到. 法制晚报. 2015-03-21. Archived from the original on 2015-03-24. Retrieved 2015-03-21.
- "北京至北京西地下直径线". 铁路建设工程网. Archived from the original on 2014-03-16. Retrieved 2014-03-17.