|Headquarters||Quebec City, Quebec, Canada|
|Sylvain Morel (Co-Studio Head/CEO)|
Thomas Wilson (Co-Studio Head/Creative Director)
Number of employees
Between 2002 and 2006, the developer was essentially a porting house. They completed approximately 30 projects for Microsoft Windows and Macintosh operating systems, based on popular franchises such as X-Men, Spider-Man and Shrek.
In 2006, they returned to original game development with the console versions of Bee Movie Game, inspired by the feature film from DreamWorks Animation. As part of Activision's E3 2007 media blitz, it was announced that Beenox was the developer behind the Windows version of Activision's Spider-Man game Spider-Man: Friend or Foe, which was released in October 2007. They released the Xbox 360, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, Wii and Windows versions of Monsters vs. Aliens and the console versions of Guitar Hero Smash Hits. Beenox later developed the Spider-Man games Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions, Spider-Man: Edge of Time, The Amazing Spider-Man and The Amazing Spider-Man 2.
After founder Dominique Brown's departure in December 2012, the studio's focus shifted from leading original game development to doing a number of support tasks on Activision's superbrands Skylanders and Call of Duty. In 2015, Blizzard worked in conjunction with Mercenary Technology on bringing Call of Duty: Black Ops III to the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. They also worked on bringing Skylanders: SuperChargers to the Wii and Nintendo 3DS. In 2018, Beenox worked with Treyarch to develop Call of Duty: Black Ops IV for Microsoft Windows on the Battle.net platform.
|2001||Pillars of Garendall||Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X|
|2007||Bee Movie Game||Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 2, Xbox 360|
|2009||Monsters vs. Aliens||Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, Wii, Xbox 360|
|Guitar Hero Smash Hits||PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, Wii, Xbox 360|
|2010||Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions||Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Wii, Xbox 360|
|2011||Spider-Man: Edge of Time||Nintendo 3DS, PlayStation 3, Wii, Xbox 360|
|2012||The Amazing Spider-Man||Microsoft Windows, Nintendo 3DS, PlayStation 3, Wii, Wii U, Xbox 360, PlayStation Vita|
|2014||The Amazing Spider-Man 2||Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Wii U, Xbox 360, Xbox One|
|Skylanders: Trap Team||Nintendo 3DS, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Wii, Wii U, Xbox 360, Xbox One|
|2015||Skylanders: SuperChargers||PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Wii U, Xbox 360, Xbox One, iOS|
|Skylanders: SuperChargers Racing||Wii, Nintendo 3DS|
|2016||Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered||Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, Xbox One|
|2019||Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled||Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One|
|2003||Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4||Microsoft Windows|
|Kelly Slater's Pro Surfer|
|Wakeboarding Unleashed Featuring Shaun Murray|
|2004||Tony Hawk's Underground 2|
|The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King||Mac OS X|
|Pitfall: The Lost Expedition||Microsoft Windows|
|Shrek 2: Team Action|
|Evil Dead: Regeneration|
|Tony Hawk's Underground|
|X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse|
|2006||Over the Hedge|
|X-Men: The Official Game|
|Spider-Man: Friend or Foe|
|2008||Kung Fu Panda||Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X|
|007: Quantum of Solace||Microsoft Windows, Wii|
|2009||Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen||Microsoft Windows|
|2013||Skylanders: Swap Force||Wii|
|2015||Call of Duty: Black Ops III||PS3, Xbox 360|
|2018||Call of Duty: Black Ops 4||Microsoft Windows|
- "Layoffs hit Activision-owned Infinity Ward, Beenox, and others". Gamasutra. Retrieved August 5, 2019.
- "Activision Establishes Development Foothold in Quebec With Acquisition of Beenox". Activision Blizzard. Archived from the original on October 7, 2018. Retrieved July 30, 2019.
- Hayward, Andrew (November 6, 2007). "Bee Movie Game review". GamesRadar+. Retrieved July 31, 2019.
- "'Spider-Man: Friend or Foe' Coming To PCs". TotalGaming.net. July 12, 2007. Archived from the original on September 29, 2007. Retrieved July 12, 2007.
- Tach, Dave (December 14, 2012). "Beenox founder leaves studio, two employees rise in the ranks". Polygon. Retrieved 30 July 2019.
- Sarkar, Samit (September 25, 2015). "Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 won't have a campaign on PS3 and Xbox 360". Polygon. Retrieved July 30, 2019.
- Chalk, Andy (May 17, 2018). "Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 will be on Battle.net, not Steam". PCGamer. Retrieved July 30, 2019.