Becontree Heath (also spelt Beacontree Heath) is an open space in the London Borough of Barking and Dagenham. The name has also been applied to the local area, in particular to the RM8 postal district.
Becontree Heath functioned as the ancient meeting place for Becontree hundred, which covered much of what is now East London. In 1465, the hundred lost territory in the east and the meeting place became located on its fringe. When it was still a rural parish, Becontree Heath was a hamlet in Dagenham.
It is the location of a London Buses bus station with services to Chigwell, Canning Town, Romford, Beckton, Dagenham, Rainham, Chadwell Heath and Gallows Corner. Crowlands Heath Golf Club and Becontree Heath Leisure Centre are located here.
- Local education is listed on the London Borough of Barking and Dagenham article.
- The hundred of Becontree: Introduction', A History of the County of Essex: Volume 5 (1966). Date accessed: 11 January 2008.
- Barking and Dagenham London Borough Council Archived 11 October 2006 at the Wayback Machine - Dagenham Civic Centre
- Cherry, Bridget (2005). London. New Haven, CT London: Yale University Press. ISBN 9780300107012.
- Transport for London - Becontree Heath (PDF)
- Crowlands Heath Golf Club Archived 18 December 2007 at the Wayback Machine - Crowlands Heath Golf Club
- Becontree Heath Leisure Centre Archived 24 April 2012 at the Wayback Machine - Becontree Heath Leisure Centre