Becoming Santa Claus is an opera in one act by composer Mark Adamo. Adamo also wrote the English language libretto for the opera. Commissioned by the Dallas Opera, the work had its world premiere at the Winspear Opera House on December 4, 2015. The opera has an approximate running time of 100 minutes.
|Role||Voice type||Premiere cast,|
4 December 2015
(Conductor: Emmanuel Villaume)
|Queen Sophine||mezzo-soprano||Jennifer Rivera|
|Prince Claus||tenor||Jonathan Blalock|
|Yan, an elf||soprano||Hila Plitmann|
|Ib, an elf||mezzo-soprano||Lucy Schaufer|
|Yab, an elf||tenor||Keith Jameson|
|Ob, an elf||bass-baritone||Kevin Burdette|
- Catherine Womack (December 8, 2015). "The Dallas Opera Delivers a Wild Christmas Gift With Becoming Santa Claus". D Magazine.
- Scott Cantrell (December 2015). "Becoming Santa Claus: Dallas". Opera News.
- Mark Lowry (December 3, 2015). "'Becoming Santa Claus' adds opera to holiday calendar". Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- Becoming Santa Claus. Opera America. Retrieved December 15, 2015.
- "The Dallas Opera Presents World Premiere of BECOMING SANTA CLAUS Tonight". Broadwayworld.com. December 4, 2015.
- Gregory Sullivan Isaacs (December 7, 2015). "The Giving Season: The Dallas Opera ends its groundbreaking year of new works on the nice list with Mark Adamo's kaleidoscopic Becoming Santa Claus". Theaterjones.com. Archived from the original on 2015-12-12.