|Born||November 20, 1973|
Papillion, Nebraska, USA
|Professional wrestling career|
|Ring name(s)||Becca Swanson|
|Billed height||6 ft 3 in (192*nbsp;cm)|
|Billed weight||273 lb (124 kg)|
|Trained by||Harley Race|
Harley Race's Wrestling Academy
World League Wrestling
Rebecca Swanson aka Becca Swanson (born November 20, 1973) is an American powerlifter, multiple world record holding professional powerlifter, pro wrestler, and an accomplished strongwoman. Becca Swanson holds several powerlifting world records for women, including the highest squat, highest deadlift and the highest bench press.
Bodybuilding, powerlifting, and strongwoman
Becca Swanson started out in 1996 with the desire to be a bodybuilder, but ended up with powerlifting. After a few shows, according to her, the larger, more muscular women had fallen out of favor in bodybuilding. She was told that she was just too big for bodybuilding and that motivated her join powerlifting. At the same time, she was very close to some world powerlifting records and thought it best to focus there. She is currently the only woman ever to squat 854 pounds (equipped), only woman to bench press 600 pounds (equipped with bench shirt) and the only woman to deadlift 694 pounds (equipped). She is also the only woman ever to be part of the 2000 pounds club which means she is the only woman ever to total plus 2000 pounds in a meet on the same day. She has also competed in strongwoman contests, starting in 2002. She is also known for doing 35 kg dumbbell curls for 10 repetitions.
Harley Race's Wrestling Academy/World League Wrestling (2009-2010)
Swanson (as a heel) won the WLW Ladies Championship from Amy Hennig on October 3, 2009 at the WLW Tenth Anniversary Show. On March 12, 2010, Swanson would lose the title to Lucy Mendez in a triple threat match which also included Hennig. On March 13, Swanson was unsuccessful in capturing the WLW Women's Championship for a second time as Hennig would defeat both Swanson and Mendez in a triple threat match.
WPC/APF/WPO world records (equipped)
- 198+ Weight Class - 854.3 lb (387.5 kg) Squat
- 198+ Weight Class - 683.4 lb (310.0 kg) Deadlift
- 198+ Weight Class - 600.8 lb (272.5 kg) Bench
- 198+ Weight Class - 2,050 lb (930 kg) Total (best lifts in one meet)
- 198 lb (90 kg) Weight Class - 804 lb (365 kg) Squat
- 198 lb (90 kg) Weight Class - 480 lb (220 kg) Bench
- 198 lb (90 kg) Weight Class - 600 lb (270 kg) Deadlift
- 198 lb (90 kg) Weight Class - 1,884 lb (855 kg) Total
- Height: 5 ft 9 in (175 cm)
- Weight: 240 lb (110 kg)
- Calves: 17.5 in (440 mm)
- Quads: 27 in (690 mm)
- Shoulders: 54 in (1,400 mm)
- Biceps: 17.5 in (440 mm)
Championships and accomplishments
- World Powerlifting Congress
- "Becca Swanson's profile" (in German). CageMatch.de. Retrieved 2010-04-03.
- Wennerstrom, Steve (May 2004). "Flex 'N' Femme". Flex magazine. Retrieved 2007-09-24.
- "Women's 198 Pound/90 Kg Weight Class Top 20". Powerlifting Watch. Archived from the original on 2012-09-07. Retrieved 2007-09-24.
- Is Becca Swanson’s 672 lb Deadlift the Heaviest Ever by a Woman?
- Swanson, Becca (2004-06-30). "About Me". Archived from the original on 2007-08-19. Retrieved 2007-09-24.
- "Title History on Becca Swanson's profile" (in German). CageMatch.de. Retrieved 2010-04-03.
- "World League Wrestling results from Spokane, MO on 3/12 and Summersville, MO on 3/13". St. Louis Wrestling Community. Archived from the original on 2012-12-09. Retrieved 2010-04-03.
- "Profile at AMG-Lite". AMG-Lite. Retrieved 2010-02-19.