|Former names||Beatrice Ice Gardens (1996–2007)|
|Address||989 Murray Ross Pkwy,|
North York, Ontario
|Public transit||Pioneer Village station|
|Owner||Canlan Ice Sports|
|York Lions hockey|
Canlan Ice Sports – York is the main ice rink at York University in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The facility is operated by Canlan Ice Sports Corporation. The seating capacity is 1,200. It is the home of the York Lions men's and women's varsity hockey teams. The facility opened in 1996 as the Beatrice Ice Gardens, and has one Olympic sized and five NHL-sized ice rinks. The arena has been used for National Hockey League training camps, and was purchased by Canlan Ice Sports in August 2007.
The current complex replaced the York University Ice Palace, built in 1968. The building lacked seating for spectators, and has since been converted into the Sherman Health Science Research Centre.
- "Our Location - Canlan Ice Sports York". Icesports.com. Retrieved 8 January 2018.
- "Beatrice Ice Gardens". Cpci.ca. Retrieved 8 January 2018.
- "Research & Innovation" (PDF). Yorku.ca. Retrieved 8 January 2018.
- Horn, Michiel (11 December 2008). "York University: The Way Must Be Tried". McGill-Queen's Press - MQUP. Retrieved 8 January 2018 – via Google Books.
- "Research & Innovation". Yorku.ca. Retrieved 8 January 2018.
|This Toronto-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Canadian ice hockey arena is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|