The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for web content. (August 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Type of site
|Owner||Dennis Wagner ("Dr. Ono")|
|Created by||Dennis Wagner ("Dr. Ono")|
|Alexa rank||878,261 (April 2014[update])|
|Launched||June 2, 1999|
The Beach Volleyball Database is an online website that holds extensive information about international beach volleyball players, tournaments and history. News are frequently updated, and the site has results for continental and international tournaments. It is the only website of its kind in the sport of beach volleyball.
The press operations officer for the AVP, Tim Simmons, has said that the Beach Volleyball Database has had a major impact on the sport. Information that is now easily accessible through the website, used to take time-consuming research through different sources. Now professional athletes have a chance to set long-term goals based on their long-term results in comparison to other professional beach volleyball players.
Volleyball Magazine calls the website "a reliable source for entries and results." The site also collaborates with the Fédération Internationale de Volleyball (FIVB) to provide tournament notes to the FIVB website.
The Beach Volleyball Database was launched online by Dennis Wagner on June 2, 1999. Wagner (nicknamed "Dr. Ono") operates the website on his own, for free. He has spent thousands of hours on the database, from a computer terminal in his home.
- "Bvbinfo.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- Alan Keck, Beach Volleyball: Fan is a one-man, on-line encyclopedia on the sport, The Virginian Pilot, 2002 (Beach Volleyball Database)
- Chan, Ed (April 29, 2017). "Most AVP players acquiesce and sign contract, exclusivity agreement". Volleyball Magazine. Retrieved August 19, 2018.
- "FIVB 2018 Handbook Beach Volleyball" (PDF). Fédération Internationale de Volleyball. February 20, 2018. Retrieved August 19, 2018.
- Spotlight Beach Volleyball Database, About.com, June 6, 1999"Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2001-10-06. Retrieved 2008-07-30.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Spotlight Beach Volleyball Database - Why start the database?, June 6, 1999"Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2001-04-21. Retrieved 2008-07-30.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link) CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)
|This article relating to the sport of volleyball is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a sports website is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|