Bayard Dodge (1888–1972) was an American scholar of Islam and president of the American University in Beirut.
In 1923 Dodge succeed his father-in-law, Howard Bliss, to become the president of a university in Beirut then known as the Syrian Protestant College. His great uncle, Reverend David Stuart Dodge, had been one of the first professors to teach at the faculty in the 1860s. Dorothy Rowntree, the first woman engineering graduate from the University of Glasgow, worked as Bayard Dodge's personal assistant at the university in Beirut.
- Aspects of the Fatimid Philosophy, The Muslim World, L, No.3 (Jul, 1960)
- Al-Azhar Mosque: A Millennium of Muslim Learning. Washington, Middle East Institute (1961) - a comprehensive history of the world famous university mosque of Cairo.
- The Fatimid Hierarchy and Exegesis, The Muslim World, L, No.2 (Apr, 1960), pp. 130–41
- The Fatimid Legal Code, ibid., L, No.1 (Jan 1960), pp. 30–38
- Al-Isma'iliyah and the Origin of the Fatimids, ibid, XLIX, No.4 (Oct 1959), pp. 295–305
- Muslim Education in Medieval Times, Washington, Middle East Institute, 1962
- The Sabians of Harran in Sarruf, ed., American University of Beirut Festival Book: Festschrift, pp. 60–85.
- The Fihrist of al-Nadīm: A Tenth-Century Survey of Islamic Culture. An English translation of the 10th-century Arabic encyclopedia by the Baghdadī bibliophile, Ibn Ishāq al-Nadīm.
|Family Tree of Bayard Dodge|
- "Bayard Dodge Collection of Photographs of the Middle East". Princeton University Library Manuscripts Division. Archived from the original on 20 June 2010. Retrieved 30 March 2011.
- "Bayard Dodge Head of Beirut College" (PDF). The New York Times Company. 6 October 1922.
- "University of Glasgow :: Story :: Biography of Dorothy Rowntree". universitystory.gla.ac.uk. Retrieved 8 October 2019.
- Hijazi, Ihsan (21 July 1982). "Lebanon and P.L.O join in search for American". The New York Times. p. 8.
- Summerfield, Carol; Devine, Mary; Levi, Anthony, eds. (1998), International Dictionary of University Histories, Taylor & Francis, p. 13, ISBN 978-1-884964-23-7
- Bayard Dodge editor and translator (2 vols, Columbia University Press, New York & London, 1970)
- Dodge, Phyllis (1987). Tales of the Phelps-Dodge Family. New York Historical Society. p. Inside front cover.