The bantamweight division in mixed martial arts refers to a number of different weight classes:
- The UFC's bantamweight division, which groups competitors within 126–135 lb (61.3 kg)
- The King of the Cage bantamweight class, with upper limit at 145 lb (65.8 kg)
- The Shooto bantamweight division, which suits competitors below 125 lb (56.7 kg)
- The ONE Championship's bantamweight division, with upper limit at 66 kg (145.5 lb)
- The Road FC's bantamweight division, with upper limit at 135.6 lb (61.5 kg)
Ambiguity and clarification
For the sake of uniformity, many American mixed martial arts websites refer to competitors between 126 and 135 lb (57 and 61 kg) as bantamweights, as it encompasses encompasses both the Shooto Featherweight division (132 lb / 60 kg) and the King of the Cage Flyweight division (135 lb / 61 kg). The Association of Boxing Commissions, which governs MMA in that country, uses the 126-135 standard for "bantamweight".
Prior to UFC 31, 150-pound (68 kg) fighters were known as bantamweights in the Ultimate Fighting Championship. After which, the weight limit was raised to 155 lb (70 kg), and the division became reinstated as the lightweight class.
These tables were last updated in April 2019.
- Active title reign
|UFC||June 8, 2019||Henry Cejudo||15-2 (8KO 7SUB)||0|
|Bellator MMA||June 14, 2019||Kyoji Horiguchi||28-2 (14KO 3SUB)||0|
|Rizin FF||December 31, 2018||Kyoji Horiguchi||28-2 (14KO 3SUB)||0|
|ONE Championship||March 31st, 2019||Bibiano Fernandes||23-4 (2KO 8SUB)||0|
|Fight Nights Global||October 10, 2017||Tomáš Deák||18-9-1 (6KO 8SUB)||1|
|Cage Warriors||December 8, 2018||Jack Shore||11-0 (4KO 5SUB)||1|
|ACA||March 24, 2018||Rustam Kerimov||13-0 (5KO 2SUB)||1|
|Legacy Fighting Alliance||November 30, 2018||Miles Johns||8-0 (2KO 1SUB)||0|
|UFC||July 9, 2016||Amanda Nunes||17-4 (12KO 3SUB)||3|
|Invicta FC||May 4, 2018||Sarah Kaufman||20-4 (10KO 1SUB)||0|
- List of current MMA Bantamweight Champions
- List of current MMA Women's Bantamweight Champions
- List of UFC Bantamweight Champions
- List of WEC Bantamweight Champions (defunct)
- List of Pancrase Bantamweight Champions
- List of Road FC Bantamweight Champions
- "Fighters: Rankings ..." KingoftheCage.com. Archived from the original on 2007-02-16. Retrieved 2007-02-20.
- "Nevada Revised Statutes: `er 467 - Unarmed Combat". leg.state.nv.us. Archived from the original on 16 February 2007. Retrieved 2007-02-20.
- "Unified Rules of MMA". ABCBoxing.com. Archived from the original on 2012-07-05. Retrieved 2012-07-15.
|This article related to mixed martial arts is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|