Bani Yas (from Arabic: بَنُو ياس) is a tribal confederation of Najdi origin  in the United Arab Emirates. It had a coalition with many other tribes in the region. The tribal coalition which consists of tribes from Dubai to Khawr al Udayd southeast of Qatar, was called the Bani Yas Coalition. The tribe has been led by their rulers, the Al Nahyan, who had their headquarters in Al Dhafra and now in Abu Dhabi (city). The ruling family of the United Arab Emirates and Abu Dhabi, Al Nahyan, which is a branch of Al-Falahi, belongs to and rules this tribe, as do the emirs of Dubai, Al Maktoum, which is a branch of Al-Falasi.
Bani Yas consists of several branches, which are:
- Al Falahi (Āl Falāḥī آل بو فَلاح)
- Al Falasi (Āl Falāsī آل بو فَلاسة)
- Al Muhairi (Al Bu Muhair آل بو مهير)
- Al Mehairbi (al-Muḥaribī المحاربة)
- Al Mansouri (al-manasir المناصير)
- Al Mazroui (al-Mazārīʿ المزاريع)
- Al Romaithi (al-Rumaithat الرميثات)
- Al Hameli (al-Hiwamil الهوامل)
- Al Marar (al-Marar المرر)
- Al Qubaisi (al-Qubaysī القبيسات) (Al Qubaisat)
- Al Swaidi (السويدي)
- Al Qamzi (القمزان)
- Christopher Davidson's Abu Dhabi Oil and Beyond page 5
- Frauke, Heard-Bey. "The Tribal Society of the UAE" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 28 April 2011. Retrieved 10 October 2012.
- ZAYED. "The Millennial Legend \ THE BANI YAS ALLIANCE". Archived from the original on 2011-12-28. Retrieved 10 October 2012.
- "History". Lonely Planet. Retrieved 10 October 2012.
- "History of Dubai". DubaiGuru.org. Archived from the original on 18 August 2013. Retrieved 10 October 2012.
- "History of Dubai". www.dubaionweb.com. Retrieved 10 October 2012.
- Motohiro, Ono (March 2011). "Reconsideration of the Meanings of the Tribal Ties in the United Arab Emirates: Abu Dhabi Emirate in Early ʼ90s" (PDF). Kyoto Bulletin of Islamic Area Studies. 4–1 (2): 25–34. Retrieved 17 April 2013.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2009-04-29. Retrieved 2009-05-30.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
|This Middle East–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This United Arab Emirates-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|