Bangladesh Tarikat Federation is a Bangladesh Islamist political party.
Bangladesh Tarikat Federation was founded in 2005 by Syed Nazibul Bashar Maizvandary. He quit Bangladesh Nationalist Party over its alliance with Bangladesh Jamaat-e-Islami, whom he had accused of supporting terrorists. Bangladesh Tarikat Federation contested the Bangladesh General Election, 2014 and won two parliamentary seats.
Tariqat Federation Secretary General MA Awal attempted to form an coalition of Islamic parties in 2017. The planned coalition would include Bangladesh Khelafat Andolon, Faraizi Andolon, Imam-Ulama Parishad, and Islami Oikya Jote. The moved was opposed by Syed Nazibul Bashar Maizbhandari, chairperson of the party. On 17 April 2018, Syed Nazibul Bashar Maizbhandari removed M.A. Awal from the post of Secretary General. He nominated Syed Rezaul Huq, Presidium member of the party, to replace M.A. Awal. The party is seeking 30 seats to contest the next general election under the Grand Alliance.
Syed Nazibul Bashar Maizvandary is a Member of Parliament from Chittagong-2. He was elected in 2014 as a candidate of Bangladesh Tarikat Federation. M.A. Awal was elected to Parliament from Lakshmipur-1 in 2014 as a candidate of Bangladesh Tarikat Federation.
- "Refugee Review Tribunal AUSTRALIA" (PDF). RRT RESEARCH RESPONSE. Retrieved 11 July 2018.
- "AL to wait for BNP's decision". The Daily Star. 21 June 2018. Retrieved 11 July 2018.
- "Tariqat Federation to float new Islamic alliance". Dhaka Tribune. 7 July 2017. Retrieved 11 July 2018.
- "Tariqat Federation removes its Secretary General MA Awal". Dhaka Tribune. 17 April 2018. Retrieved 11 July 2018.
- "AL still undecided on seat sharing". theindependentbd.com. Retrieved 11 July 2018.
- "Syed Nazibul Bashar Maizvandary". Amarmp. Retrieved 11 July 2018.
- "MPO is a bad system: Muhith". New Age. Retrieved 11 July 2018.
- "Constituency 274". parliament.gov.bd. Retrieved 11 July 2018.
- "Rana Dasgupta denies seeking Modi's help". The Daily Star. 20 June 2016. Retrieved 11 July 2018.
|This article about a Bangladeshi organisation is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|