This article's tone or style may not reflect the encyclopedic tone used on Wikipedia. (July 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article contains wording that promotes the subject in a subjective manner without imparting real information. (July 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Baku White City
Bakı Ağ Şəhər
View of Bayil
|• Total||6.21 km2 (2.40 sq mi)|
|• Density||8,100/km2 (21,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+4 (AZT)|
The master plan of Baku White City (Azerbaijani: Bakı Ağ Şəhər, Бакы Ағ Шәһәр, [bɑkə ɑx ʃæhær]) refers to the re-development of a portion of Black City, 221-hectare land area, conceptualized to be part of the 2021 strategic plan for Baku.
The project has been designed by Atkins and Foster and Partners. Around 75 per cent of the project will be residential units, creating a new community of 19,700 households for about 50,000 people as well as commercial and leisure units that will provide up to 48,000 jobs. The project is set to be completed in 2020.
In 2014, the Lycée français de Bakou (Baku French Lyceum) located in White City was inaugurated by President Ilham Aliyev. In 2015, the eastern part of the Baku Boulevard, the city's seaside promenade, was extended by two kilometres to cover the coastal part of White City, which also became the site of the newly-built Boulevard Hotel Baku.
The groundbreaking ceremony of Baku White City took place in 24 December 2011. President Ilham Aliyev and his wife Mehriban Aliyeva have attended a groundbreaking ceremony of Baku White City project. In 26 December 2016 The head of state and Vice Presidenthis viewed first settlements of Green Island residential complex. They also laid the foundation stone of Fountains Square park, a pedestrian passage and a public parking complex.
Baku White City Office Building
In 2015, the Baku White City Office Building became the first property in Azerbaijan to be awarded BREEAM certification on international ecological standard with the rating of Good. Baku White City Office Building offers Class A offices with a world-class specification. Along with the building's accessibility and a host of local amenities, the modernized offices will give its occupants a distinctive market presence. Office building is also the first ecologically certified building in Azerbaijan, receiving a BREEAM ecological certification.
- Boulden, Jim. "Does Azerbaijan's 'Black City' have a golden future?". CNN. Retrieved 8 August 2014.
- "White City to replace Black city in Baku". news.az. Retrieved 8 August 2014.
- Moss, Oliver. "Baku-Investment capital". the-report.net. Retrieved 8 August 2014.
- Fahy, Michael. "Turkish company wins $42.5mn Baku White City contract". arabianindustry.com. Retrieved 8 August 2014.
- LE PROJET GÉANT BAKU WHITE CITY.
- İlham Əliyev Bakı Fransız Liseyinin açılışında iştirak edib.
- Elchin Huseynov. Баку-2015: Прогулка по новому бульвару White City. Trend News Agency. 18 May 2015.
- Azerbaijani President attends opening of Boulevard Hotel. News.az. 15 May 2015.
- Baku White City office building gets international ‘green’ certificate BREEAM. Azerbaijan Business Centre. 8 January 2015.