|Genres||Gypsy Punk, Balkan Music, Ska, Reggae, Dub|
|Years active||2007 – present|
|Past members||Loukas Metaxas|
Baildsa is a band from Thessaloniki, Greece. Founded in 2007, the band performs gypsy punk, reggae and ska together with balkan elements. Baildsa's sound includes vocals, guitar, bass guitar, drums as well as trumpets and accordion. They have so far toured in Greece, Bulgaria, Albania, and Turkey. Their first album, United States of Balkans, was released in October 2011, and can be downloaded for free from the band's website. Baildsa are currently recording their second album, which is going to be announced in the beginning of 2014. Georgia Myridakis of fridge.gr comments on Baildsa's eclectic sound - "Elements, influences and sounds, not lined up in a row, but assembled one by one and all joined together, creating an enthusiastic and very entertaining music.
Baildsa was founded in 2007 by brothers Thanos and Yiannis Gountanos. Their first performance was in 2008. Band's name derives from Turkish word bayılmak, meaning "I am fed up !" as well as "to faint". In interviews bands' members share that they are tired of the political and social crisis in Greece, and that inspired the name "Baildsa".
United States of Balkans
Baildsa's first album named United States of Balkans was issued in October 2011. The lyrics of the first album focus on the political situation in Greece and the rest of the Balkans; Baildsa view the Balkans as historically and culturally united, and the title United States of Balkans reflects this view. In talks with medias, Baildsa share their opinion that "borders exist only on maps". United States of Balkans can be downloaded for free from the band's website.
In late 2013, Baidsa were recording their second studio album. Titled "Zvarna", the album is expected to be issued in September 2014.
- D Festival in Dojran, on 28 July 2012.
- River Party Festival in Nestorio, Greece on 2 August 2012.
- Pivolend Festival in Skopje, in September 2012.
- Vinoskop Festival in Skopje on 13 October 2012.
- Balkan Fest in Thessaloniki, Greece on 15 March 2013.
- Baildsa Bulgarian Tour 2013. Club tour in 8 cities in Bulgaria in November 2013.
- Right Day of Voinegovtsi Wrong Fest (June 21, 2014).
- Nikolaidou, Nadia (18 September 2013). "BAiLdSa, a special balkan ΝΤέRTY, reggae, gypsy, punk band from Thessaloniki". iamgreek.nl. Retrieved 2013-12-14.
- Миланов, Стефан (15 November 2013). "Со ска, со пънк и со малко кючек". Trud BG. Archived from the original on 16 December 2013. Retrieved 2013-12-14.
- "Baildsa Interview by FILM KRAJOK".
- Myridakis, Georgia (29 May 2012). "Baildsa - United States of Balkans". fridge.gr. Archived from the original on 17 December 2013.
- Стефанов, Ивайло ; Цветанов, Цветан (26 November 2013). interview. Аларама,Христо Ботев, БНР.
- "Baildsa разказват за политиката и музиката в първото си BG турне". 2017-12-09. Archived from the original on 2013-12-14.
- "D Festival on the shore of Dojran Lake". Balkon3. 27 July 2012.
- "34th River Party - August 2nd, 2012 @ 6:00pm". reverbnation.com. 2 August 2012.
- "Pivolend". Password. 1 September 2012.
- "Baildsa Live @ Vino-Skop Festival 2012/Skopje, F.Y.R.O.Macedonia". Pinvents. 11 October 2012. Archived from the original on 2014-12-21.
- "BALKAN FEST VOL. 2". enjoythessaloniki.com. 25 January 2013.