|Birth name||Aditya Prateek Singh Sisodia|
|Also known as||Badshah|
Bad Boy Shah
Its Your Boy Badshah
Aditya Prateek Singh Sisodia, better known by his stage name Badshah, is an Indian rapper and singer known for his Hindi, Haryanvi, and Punjabi songs. He started his career in 2006 alongside Yo Yo Honey Singh in his hip hop group Mafia Mundeer. He split from Honey in 2012 and released his independent Haryanvi song Kar Gayi Chull, which was later adopted into the 2016 Bollywood movie, Kapoor & Sons. His music has been featured in Bollywood soundtracks for films such as 2014 films Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania and Khoobsurat.
His debut single, "DJ Waley Babu" featuring Aastha Gill, was ranked number one on the Indian iTunes charts within 24 hours of the release. The song crossed a million views on YouTube within 30 hours. In 2016, he collaborated with Navv Inder on "Wakhra Swag" which won the 2016 Punjabi Music Awards for best duo/group and most popular song of the year award. Although the rapper doesn't consider himself as a singer, but songs such as Tareefan, Bolo Har Har Har, and Aao Kabhi Haveli Pe established him as one of the finest playback singer in the industry with a nomination into the Filmfare for Tareefan.
Ever since 2016, roughly each of his commercial works have been topping charts including the YouTube Music Video Charts, BBC Asian Network Charts, other several Indian radio and Indian streaming charts as well. As of 2020, four of his songs peaked on World Digital Song Sales chart by Billboard.
His work, 'Genda Phool' came out to be commercially one of the most successful yet controversial number in the Indian history, additionally it topped the YouTube Music Charts for two weeks with few more days and gained international listeners and attracted several other artists as well from around the world. Additionally it became the 4th most watched music video of the year 2020 worldwide.
Early life and family
He completed his schooling from Bal Bharti Public School, Pitampura, Delhi where he performed with his school choir. Prior to becoming a full-time musician he enrolled as a math student at the prestigious Banaras Hindu University in Varanasi before moving to civil engineer at PEC, Chandigarh, where he was exposed to new Punjabi music which promoted him to take on "rap" writing. He has stated that if he had not become a rapper, he may have become an IAS officer.
He started his career in the music industry with the name "Cool Equal", but then changed his name to Badshah.
In 2018 Badshah released his first album O.N.E. – Original Never End.
On 7th August 2020, the rapper released a classic pop and hip-hop album namely, 'The Power Of Dreams Of A Kid' which had 8 tracks and includes features from the artists namely Lisa Mishra, Sikander Kahlon, Fotty Seven, Bali and Music Producer Andy Grewal. The entire mastering and mixings of the album was done by Aditya Dev.
His 2019 song "Paagal" reached 74.8 million views on YouTube within 24 hours, setting the record for the most-viewed video in 24 hours on YouTube. BTS fans claimed that the artist had bought the views to cross the global record due to his low number of likes in the first 24 hours, but YouTube did not confirm whether the views are real or fake. The song also did not appear in the 100-position Global Top Music Videos chart for the week. However, Badshah denied it was fake views, but admitted his record label Sony Music India bought paid ads.
An explanation for YouTube not acknowledging the record was that Badshah's record label Sony Music India had purchased advertisements from Google and YouTube that embedded the video or directed fans to it in some way. However, it has emerged that this is a common practice in the global music industry, and that similar practices had previously been used by the record labels of previous record holders such as Ariana Grande and Blackpink. This has cast doubt on some of the 24-hour viewership records on YouTube.
His song "Genda Phool" was released by Sony Music India in 2020. It had mixing with a Bengali folk song "Boro Loker Biti Lo". Ratan Kahar, a Bengali artist, claimed to be the original writer and composer of the folk song. Though Badshah later released a statement saying that it was a traditional Baul folk song which was not copyrighted, since folk music does not fall under copyright protections and is thus in the public domain.
|2012||"Saturday Saturday" (Indeep Bakshi featuring Badshah)||Hindi|||
|2013||Proper Patola (Diljit Dosanjh featuring Badshah)||Punjabi|||
|2014||"Chull" (Fazilpuria featuring Badshah)|||
|"Bandook" (with Raxstar)|
|2015||"Desi Hiphop" (Manj Musik featuring Roach Killer, Raxstar, Humble the Poet, Big Dhillon, Badshah, Sarb Smooth, Raftaar)|||
|DJ Waley Babu (featuring Aastha Gill)||Released as ONE (Original Never Ends)|||
|"Wakhra Swag" (Navv Inder featuring Badshah)|||
|"Baaki Baatein Peene Baad" (Arjun Kanungo featuring Badshah)||Hindi|||
|"Vroom Vroom" (Simranjeet Singh featuring Badshah)||Punjabi|
|2016||"Saturday Saturday (Khul Jaaye Masti)" (featuring Arjun Kanungo and Aastha Gill)||Remix of "Saturday Saturday"|||
|"Lover Boy" (Shrey Singhal featuring Badshah)||Hindi|||
|"RayZR Mera Swag" (featuring Aastha Gill)||Punjabi|||
|"Garrari Pitbull Te" (Gurinder Rai featuring Badshah)|
|"Move Your Body" (with Sean Paul)||Music by DJ Shadow Dubai|||
|2017||"Pop the Bottle" (with Vishal–Shekhar and Akasa Singh)|||
|"Mercy" (featuring Lauren Gottlieb)||Released as ONE (Original Never Ends)|||
|2018||"KareJa" (featuring Aastha Gill)|||
|"Buzz" (Aastha Gill featuring Badshah)|||
|"Heartless" (featuring Aastha Gill)||Released as ONE (Original Never Ends)|||
|"Nain" (featuring Aastha Gill)|
|"Aashiq Awaara" (featuring Sunidhi Chauhan)|
|"She Move It Like" (featuring Warina Hussain)|
|"How We Do It" (Now United featuring Badshah)|
|2019||"Har Ghoont Mein Swag" (featuring Tiger Shroff and Disha Patani)|
|"Kamaal"(Uchana Amit) featuring Badshah)|
|"Are you ready for the Big Bang" (Flipkart)|
|2020||"Genda Phool" (featuring Payal Dev)|
|"Boht Tej" (Fotty Seven featuring Badshah)|
|Haryan roadways (Fazilpuria featuring Badshah)|||
|"Awaara" (featuring Reet Talwar)|
|Denotes films that have not yet been released|
|2014||Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania||"Saturday Saturday"||Akriti Kakkar, Indeep Bakshi||Sharib-Toshi||Hindi||Sony Music India|
|Fugly||Dhup Chik||Aastha Gill, Raftaar||Raftaar||T-Series|
|Khoobsurat||"Abhi Toh Party Shuru Hui Hai"||Aastha Gill||Badshah|
|2015||Bajrangi Bhaijaan||"Selfie Le Le Re"||Vishal Dadlani, Nakash Aziz, Pritam||Pritam|
|ABCD 2||"Vande Mataram"||Daler Mehndi, Tanishka Sanghvi & Divya Kumar||Sachin-Jigar||Zee Music Company|
|Second Hand Husband||"Bad Baby"||Gippy Grewal|
|All Is Well||"Chaar Shanivaar"||Vishal Dadlani, Armaan Malik||Amaal Mallik||T-Series|
|Jazbaa||"Aaj Raat Ka Scene"||Shraddha Pandit||Badshah||Zee Music Company|
|Vedalam||"Aaluma Doluma"||Anirudh Ravichander||Tamil||Sony Music India|
|2016||Sanam Re||"Akkad Bakkad"||Neha Kakkar||Badshah||Hindi||T-Series|
|"Teri Yaad"||Himesh Reshammiya||HR Musik Limited and T-Series|
|Kapoor & Sons||"Kar Gayi Chull"||Fazilpuria, Sukriti Kakar, Neha Kakkar||Amaal Mallik, Badshah||Sony Music India|
|"Let's Nacho"||Benny Dayal||Nucleya, Benny Dayal|
|Sultan||"Baby Ko Bass Pasand Hai"||Vishal Dadlani, Shalmali Kholgade, Ishita, Neeti Mohan||Vishal-Shekhar||YRF Music|
|Baar Baar Dekho||"Kala Chashma"||Amar Arshi, Neha Kakkar, Indeep Bakshi||Badahah, Prem-Hardeep||Zee Music Company|
|Ae Dil Hai Mushkil||"The Breakup Song"||Arijit Singh, Jonita Gandhi and Nakash Aziz||Pritam||Sony Music India|
|Shivaay||"Bolo Har Har Har"||Mithoon, Mohit Chauhan, Sukhwinder Singh Megha Sriram Dalton, Anugrah and The Vamps||Mithoon||T-Series|
|2017||OK Jaanu||"The Humma Song"||A. R. Rahman,, Jubin Nautiyal, Shashaa Tirupati, Tanishk Bagchi||A.R. Rahman, Tanishk Bagchi, Badshah||Sony Music India|
|Badrinath Ki Dulhania||"Tamma Tamma Again"||Bappi Lahiri, Anuradha Paudwal||Tanishk Bagchi||T-Series|
|Noor||"Move Your Lakk"||Diljit Dosanjh, Sonakshi Sinha||Badshah|||
|Mubarakan||"Mubarakan (Title Track)"||Juggy D, Yash Narvekar, Sukriti Kakar||Rishi Rich, Badshah|
|Bhoomi||"Trippy Trippy"||Neha Kakkar, Benny Dayal, Brijesh Shandilya||Sachin-Jigar|
|2018||Blackmail||"Happy Happy"||Aastha Gill||Badshah|
|Veere Di Wedding||"Tareefan"||Badshah||Qaran||Zee Music Company|
|Nawabzaade||"Tere Naal Nachna"||Sunanda Sharma||Badshah||T-Series|
|Stree||"Aao Kabhi Haveli Pe"||Nikhita Gandhi, Sachin-Jigar||Sachin-Jigar|
|Loveyatri||"Aakh Lad Jaave"||Asees Kaur, Jubin Nautiyal||Tanishk Bagchi|
|Namaste England||"Bhare Bazaar"||Vishal Dadlani, Payal Dev, B Praak||Rishi Rich, Badshah||Sony Music India|
|"Proper Patola"||Diljit Dosanjh, Aastha Gill||Badshah|
|Villain||"Bholey Baba"||Nikhita Gandhi||JAM8||Bengali||SVF Entertainment|
|2019||Aladdin||"Sab Sahi Hai Bro"||Badshah||Hindi||Disney India|
|Khandaani Shafakhana||"Koka"||Jasbir Jassi, Dhvani Bhanushali||Tanishk Bagchi||T-Series|
|"Sheher Ki Ladki"||Tulsi Kumar|
|"Saans To Le Le"||Rico||Badshah|
|Saaho||"Bad Boy"||Neeti Mohan|
|Benny Dayal, Sunitha Sarathy||Tamil|
|Dabangg 3||"Munna Badnaam Hua"||Kamaal Khan, Mamta Sharma||Sajid-Wajid||Hindi|
|Good Newwz||"Chandigarh Mein"||Harrdy Sandhu, Asees Kaur, Lisa Mishra||Tanishk Bagchi||Zee Music Company|
|2020||Street Dancer 3D||"Garmi"||Neha Kakkar||Badshah||T-Series|
Films as actor
|2019||Khandaani Shafakhana||Gabru Ghaatak||Debut film |
Films as producer
|2019||Do Dooni Panj||Punjabi||Harry Bhatti||Composed songs also|
Awards and nominations
|Award ceremony||Category||Nominated Work||Result||Ref|
|Filmfare Awards||Best Playback Singer- Male||Tareefah'||Nominated|||
|PTC Punjabi Film Awards||Best Punjabi Music of The Year||Wakhra Swag by Navv Inder ft. Badshah||Won|||
|10th Mirchi Music Awards||Best Song Engineer (Recording & Mixing)||"Mercy" from O.N.E (Album)||Nominated|||
|Brit Asia TV Music Awards 2017||Best Bollywood Act||N/A||Won|||
- Godha, Ronak (19 February 2016) Badshah Live Musical Concert – Ft. Aastha Gill & DJ Rebirth on 21st Feb. EdYouCatives
- Packed in promise | chandigarh. Hindustan Times (5 January 2014). Retrieved 16 October 2015.
- I don't want to compose Bollywood albums: Badshah. The Indian Express (14 June 2015). Retrieved 10 August 2015.
- Maheshwri, Neha. "Saturday Saturday maker Badshah: I'm an artiste, not a preacher". The Times of India. Retrieved 10 February 2015.
- Bhasin, Shivani (10 September 2014). "Music Review: Badshah replaces Honey Singh but Khoobsurat's soundtrack is a mess". First Post. Retrieved 10 February 2015.
- Badshah: 'DJ waley babu' not regular party song. Times of India (28 July 2015)
- Jalandhar (26 May 2016). "Winners of PTC Punjabi Music Awards 2016 held at Jalandhar". Yes Punjab News. Archived from the original on 29 May 2016. Retrieved 15 August 2016.
- Amneet Kaur (27 May 2016). "PTC Music Awards 2016– Here Is The Complete List Of Winners!". Punjabi Khurki. Retrieved 15 August 2016.
- "Badshah". IMDb. Retrieved 30 May 2020.
- "Badshah – 2019 Celebrity 100". Forbes India. Retrieved 31 March 2020.
- "Badshah". Billboard. Retrieved 26 May 2020.
- "Badshah". Billboard. Retrieved 26 May 2020.
- "Badshah & Payal Dev's "Genda Phool" Remains #1 On Global YouTube Music Videos Chart". Headline Planet. 11 April 2020. Retrieved 4 May 2020.
- "Trending Tunes: Genda Phool rules, Neha Kakkar's Jinke Liye enters the list". Bollywood Life. 3 May 2020. Retrieved 5 May 2020.
- "YouTube Stats of Badshah – Genda Phool | JacquelineFernandez | Payal Dev | Official Music Video 2020". kworb.net. Retrieved 5 May 2020.
- "Badshah buys Rolls Royce Wraith priced at Rs 6.4 crore, says 'Apna time aa gaya'". Hindustan Times. Indo-Asian News Service (IANS). 30 April 2019. Archived from the original on 1 May 2019. Retrieved 23 February 2020.
- Whenever I need inspiration, I go to Delhi: Badshah, The Times of India (11 July 2014). Retrieved 16 October 2015.
- Did you know bad boy Badshah is a cute loving husband in real! Meet his adorable wife, Dainik Bhaskar, 16 November 2015.
- sahay, gaurav. "Singer-rapper Badshah: I hated kids... until my daughter was born". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 26 August 2020.
- Hebbar, Prajakta. "'If I wasn't a rapper, I'd have been an IAS officer': Everything you wanted to know about Badshah, who calls himself a 'prime-time' version of Honey Singh". IBN Live. Retrieved 10 February 2015.
- I don't want to compose Bollywood albums: Badshah – Full News Archived 19 June 2015 at the Wayback Machine. Kerala.indiaeveryday.in. Retrieved 10 August 2015.
- Packed in promise. Hindustan Times. (5 January 2014). Retrieved 10 August 2015.
- "Badshah: I still have my St Stephen's ID, that is something worth flaunting". The Times of India. Retrieved 9 June 2019.
- "Aditya Prateek Singh Sisodia Was 'Cool Equal' Before Finally Becoming 'Badshah'!". Ghaint Punjab. Retrieved 9 June 2019.
- "Badshah reveals the Bollywood actress he has a crush on". outlookindia.com/. Retrieved 11 May 2020.
- IANS. "Badshah set to drop new hip-hop album with eight tracks". Telangana Today. Retrieved 6 January 2021.
- "Rapper Badshah becomes first Indian artist to create world record with his latest track 'Paagal' | Hindi Movie News – Bollywood". The Times of India. Retrieved 15 July 2019.
- "Six Days After Sony Says Indian Rapper's Video Broke One-Day Record for Views, YouTube Has Yet to Confirm". Billboard. 17 July 2019. Retrieved 28 July 2019.
- "Bollywood Rapper Sets Viewer Record YouTube Isn't Talking About". Bloomberg News. 30 July 2019. Retrieved 20 September 2019.
- "'আইনি লড়াইয়ে যাওয়ার আর্থিক সামর্থ্য নেই', 'বড়লোকের বিটি লো' নিয়ে আক্ষেপের সুর রতন কাহারের". Zee24Ghanta.com. 28 March 2020. Retrieved 31 March 2020.
- Badshah [@Its_Badshah] (31 March 2020). "Please read" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- Saturday Saturday by Indeep Bakshi & Badshah, 17 August 2012, retrieved 28 June 2017
- Proper Patola by Diljit Dosanjh, 9 August 2013, retrieved 28 June 2017
- Chull by Fazilpuria, 16 June 2014, retrieved 28 June 2017
- Desi Hiphop by Roach Killer, Raxstar, Humble the Poet, Big Dhillon, Badshah, Sarb Smooth, Raftaar, 8 January 2015, retrieved 28 June 2017
- Dj Waley Babu by Badshah, 17 July 2015, retrieved 28 June 2017
- Wakhra Swag by Badshah, Navv Inder, 10 September 2015, retrieved 28 June 2017
- Baaki Baatein Peene Baad (Shots) by Arjun Kanungo, 25 September 2015, retrieved 28 June 2017
- Saturday Saturday (Khul Jaaye Masti) by Badshah, Arjun Kanungo, Aastha Gill, 11 March 2016, retrieved 28 June 2017
- Lover Boy by Badshah, Shrey Singhal, 13 April 2016, retrieved 28 June 2017
- RayZR Mera Swag by Badshah, 24 June 2016, retrieved 28 June 2017
- Driving Slow by Badshah, 17 August 2016, retrieved 28 June 2017
- Move Your Body by Badshah, Sean Paul, 20 December 2016, retrieved 28 June 2017
- Pop The Bottle by Vishal, Shekhar, Vishal Dadlani, Badshah, Akasa Singh, 21 March 2017, retrieved 28 June 2017
- Mercy by Badshah, 1 April 2017, retrieved 28 June 2017
- "Kareja (Kare Ja) (feat. Aastha Gill) – Badshah Song – BBC Music". BBC. Retrieved 21 August 2018.
- "Hindi Song Buzz Remix By DJ Yogii Featuring Aastha Gill And Badshah | Entertainment – Times of India Videos". The Times of India. Retrieved 21 August 2018.
- "ONE (Original Never Ends)". Gaana. Retrieved 21 August 2018.
- "फाजिलपुरिया का नया सॉन्ग Haryana Raodways हुआ रिलीज, गाने की शूटिंग को लेकर सिंगर ने इंटरव्यू में बताई ये बात". NDTVIndia. Retrieved 29 August 2020.
- Move Your Lakk by Badshah, Sonakshi Sinha, Diljit Dosanjh, 29 March 2017, retrieved 28 June 2017
- "Sonakshi Sinha, Varun Sharma, Annu Kapoor and singer Badshah [makes his acting debut]... Titled confirmed: #KhandaaniShafakhana... Release date finalized: 26 July 2019... Directed by Shilpi Dasgupta... Produced by Bhushan Kumar, Mrighdeep Singh Lamba and Mahaveer Jain". Taran Adarsh. Retrieved 11 June 2019 – via Twitter.[non-primary source needed]
- "MMA Mirchi Music Awards". MMAMirchiMusicAwards. Retrieved 6 February 2018.
- "BritAsia TV World Music Awards 2017 celebrated". New Asian Post. 4 March 2017. Retrieved 20 August 2020.