|Written by||Raguvir Shekavat|
|Screenplay by||Manoj Tripathi|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||344|
|Executive producer||Rajan Singh|
|Running time||Approx. 22 minutes|
|Production company||Optimystix Entertainment|
|Distributor||Sony Pictures Networks India|
|Original network||Sony SAB|
|Audio format||Dolby Digital|
|Original release||10 September 2019 –|
|Related shows||Baal Veer|
Baalveer Returns is an Indian fantasy television series which premiered on 10 September 2019 on Sony SAB. It stars Dev Joshi, and Vansh Sayani in the titular lead roles of Baalveers. It is a sequel to Baal Veer, which aired from 2012 to 2016. It is produced by Optimystix Entertainment with screenplay by Manoj Tripathi. The series streams on SonyLIV before it airs on Sony SAB.
Baalveer Returns Season 2 premiered on 5 April 2021.
Baalveer, the protector of goodness and truthfulness, comes back to save Earth from a new evil. This time, however, he has with him his successor, Vivaan. Both the Baalveers, along with the fairies end Timnasa's tyrannical rule and now fight against Ray, Bhaymaar, Akroor, and Timnasa again, who return to avenge the Baalveers.
After the death of Baalveer, a lookalike of Baalveer named Kaal is awaken to kill the remaining five lookalikes of Baalveer to get their powers and rule the world. To stop Kaal, Vivaan (that is, Junior Baalveer) travels all the 7 universes.
|Season||No. of episodes||Originally broadcast (India)|
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||334||10 September 2019||2 April 2021|
|2||10||5 April 2021||present|
Timnasa, an evil enchantress and the queen of Kaal Lok (Dark Realm), begins a quest to rule the whole universe and become the most powerful and evil entity. She attacks and destroys the Pari Lok (Fairy Realm) but Baalveer saves the surviving fairies, who are Masti Pari (Fun Fairy), Pani Pari (Water Fairy), Vayu Pari (Wind Fairy), Jwala Pari (Fire Fairy), Dhwani Pari (Sound Fairy), Netra Pari (Vision Fairy), Saral Pari (Simple Fairy) and the leader of the Fairies, Baal Pari (Tress Fairy) who is also Baalveer's adoptive mother. They take refuge in Veer Lok (Brave Realm) whose leader is a white lion, Shaurya. Baalveer becomes weaker as he was injured in the attack. On Shaurya's instructions, Baalveer goes to Earth as Dev, with the fairies as his sisters, to find the next Baalveer, as he needs help to fight Timnasa. Timnasa also learns of the new Baalveer.
The new Baalveer is a very mischievous ten-year-old boy named Vivaan. Soon, Baalveer finds and discloses his reality to Vivaan and takes him to Veer Lok where he is made the 'Junior Baalveer'. Both the Baalveers and the members of Veer Lok cross all the hurdles and fight Timnasa and defeat her every time.
A long time ago, Timnasa had captured Sarvakaal, a monstrous sage who taught Timnasa black magic, as he knows the identity of the person who'll kill Timnasa. However, he refuses to reveal his identity. Baalveer finds Sarvakaal's prison and Timnasa's past, about how she was banished from Pari Lok (where she was a Pari and was made Baalveer for a day) because of her evil and egoistic intentions.
Baalveer acknowledges this and pretends to lose his powers and memory and stays as a commoner with Vivaan and his family as Debu. He acquires a new avatar, Nakabposh. He befriends Ananya, a girl who is threatened by Timnasa and also receives help from Sarvakaal. They together go to Earth to find the hidden power which is destined to kill Timnasa.
While doing so, it is revealed that Vivaan is Ananya's long-lost brother and their biological mother is Devaki, the former queen of Shwet Lok (White Realm) which Timnasa had captured. Vivaan is heartbroken as he realizes that Karuna is not her real mother and his entire life has been a lie. But Vivaan overcomes this and the trio form 'Team Shadow'. Vivaan is the hidden power who is destined to kill Timnasa and he overcomes the hurdles and takes Sarvakaal's infinite energy. By this new power, he puts an end to Timnasa's trinity except for Tauba Tauba. During the battle, Masti Pari is killed by Bhaymar and Vayu Pari and Jwala Pari sacrifice themselves as Timnasa's weapons hit them, to protect the Earth.
Later, when Debu opens the secret message of Timnasa, which she had handed over to him before her death, Timnasa's spirit tells Debu that his biological parents were killed by Shaurya and the fairies. The series unveils the underwater kingdom of Shinkai, which is ruled by Jalraj Kaikos. The commander-in-chief Bambaal plots to rule over the whole universe, along with his sidekick Milsa.
Bambaal and Shaurya reveal the story of a chemical scientist of the Veer Lok, named Jaikaas who had turned evil and plotted to make a weapon that would destroy the earth in 2020. He was stopped by Shaurya and hence he tried to escape with his two newborn sons. Shaurya attacked Jaikaas and one son fell in a desert while Jaikaas and his other son landed at sea to Baalpari and Bambaal, respectively. Bambaal tells about an egg in Shinkai, and that a man will be born from it, prophesied to be the ultimate.
It is revealed that the son who fell in the desert was the Senior Baalveer (which he is not allowed to know) and Jaikaas, before dying, protected his son who fell with him in the sea by putting him in an egg and he is the one Bambaal awaits. When he comes out of the egg he is named as Ray.
Debu wants to know about his past from Shaurya and Baalpari, but he fails and finally gives up. Baalveers capture Milsa but Bambaal secretly kills her to hide his identity from Debu and Vivaan. Baalveer tells Vivaan about him being Nakabposh leaving him shocked. Ray's full powers are unleashed by Debu's blood after he threatens him for Vivaan's life.
After a series of incidents, Baalveer captures Bambaal and kills him. Ray kills Baalveer out of anger. He manipulates Vivaan and Ananya. Baalveer gets his life back. Ray creates problems for the Baalveer's and the fairies. He Revived Bhaymar, Timnasa and Akroor to revenge Bambaal's Death.
Timnasa had a plan to destroy the earth and Baalveer had to find four keys before Timnasa. However, Timnasa got the ultimate power - A Red Diamond to destroy the earth and Baalveer found a White Diamond to stop Timnasa from destroying the earth.
Baalveer sacrificed his life and killed Timnasa. Vivaan is heartbroken about losing his beloved brother Debu but now he has to take the charge to save the world from the evils of the universe.
The new Season starts with Vivaan missing and remembering all the things he did with Baalveer. Then a new character Happy is introduced, who is a lookalike of Baalveer who lives in Kanpur. And Kaal, another lookalike of Baalveer with evil intentions who was imprisoned by Swarna Shaurya a very long time ago. and kept frozen as a statue in Drak Lok gets freed from prison. Baalveer's energy star divides into 6 pieces and goes into the body of the 6 other look-alikes of Baalveer, which helps Kaal to escape from prison and to obtain the late Baalveer's all the powers, Kaal decides to kill other lookalikes of Baalveer. Kaal goes to the infinite library to know the location of his five other look-alikes. He discovers his sidekick Mauka Mauka at the library. Along with Kazo (Kaal's dragon), Kaal and Mauka Mauka are able to slip out of Drak Lok without getting noticed by Vivaan, Shaurya and Swarna Shaurya. On the other hand, Happy tries to understand his powers and he is unfamiliar with how he got his powers. Back at Bharat Nagar, Karuna is told that Debu sadly passed away. So she comes to Kanpur with Mrs. Diwali to visit a temple and while returning, she accidentally meets Happy. As Happy is the lookalike of Debu, Karuna gets shocked and is not able to understand what is happening. Meanwhile the Paris try to find Baalveer's lookalike on Earth to protect him from Kaal. On the other hand Kaal reaches the Snow Universe to kill a look- alike of Baalveer but when he tries to enter a igloo where the look - alike of Baalveer lives he cannot get in because of a Suraksha Kavach. Meanwhile Karuna goes to Happy's house to order a wedding but is unable to recognise Happy as he has color on his face. When Karuna was about leave she forgets her bag at Happy's house. Happy notices it and tries to give Karuna her bag but she is already on a bus. When Happy tries to run the magical powers of Baalveer triggers and he is able to run at super speed and gives the bag to Karuna but she does not see him.
Cast of Season 1
- Dev Joshi as Senior Baalveer/Dev/Debu/Nakabposh, the savior of Dharti Lok. He is the adopted son of Baal Pari (Tress Fairy). He is the biological son of Jaikaas. He is the biological twin brother of Ray. He lived in Pari Lok (Fairy Realm) for years but later moved to Veer Lok (Brave Realm) after Pari Lok's (Fairy Realm's) destruction, along with the fairies who survived the massacre under Shaurya's protection and guidance. He killed Bhaymaar in the Ultimate Battle (Antim Yuddh). He later sacrifice his life and got killed along with Timnasa due to the explosion of linking the Red and White Diamond. (2019–2021)
- Vansh Sayani as Vivaan/Junior Baalveer or Baalveer's successor and the savior of Dharti Lok; biological son of Queen Devaki and King Aditya Pratap of Shweth Lok and the adopted son of Karuna. He is the biological younger brother of Ananya and the adoptive younger brother of Khushi. He is the secret superpower who was destined to kill the evil Queen of Kaal Lok, Timnasa. He killed Timnasa and her assistant Jabdali in the Antim Yuddh (the Ultimate Battle) battle. (2019–2021)
- Pavitra Punia as Timnasa/Tanisha, the evil queen of Dark Realm and a big enemy of the Baalveers. She was called 'Bhay Rani' (Queen of Fear). Timnasa was banished from Fairy Realm by Baalpari because of her ego and evil. To take revenge on Baalpari and the people of Fairy Realm, Timnasa went to Dark Realm, imprisoned the sage Sarvakaal, and became the Queen. She was killed by Junior Baalveer, Vivaan in the Ultimate Battle but was revived by Ray and Bhaymaar. She was killed along with Senior Baalveer due to the explosion caused by the linking of Red and White Diamond. (2019–2020, 2021)
- Sharmilee Raj
- as Baal Pari (Tress Fairy), Baalveer's adoptive mother, and the leader of the Fairies with the powers of tresses and curls. She is the most powerful and experienced fairy of the Fairy Realm. All the fairies follow her advice. (2019–2021)
- as Kaal Pari, a companion of Timnasa. Kaal Pari had been supporting Timnasa in her futile efforts to defeat Baal Veer. (2019–2020)
- Anahita Bhooshan as Ananya/Karigar Pari, a gymnast and member of Bharat Nagar Society. She is the daughter of Aditya Pratap and Devaki, Princess of Shwet Lok. Ananya is the biological elder sister of Vivaan and was a friend of Baalveer in his human form Debu. She was originally a human but now a fairy of Veer Lok with the power to create anything by drawing in the air (Craftsman Fairy). (2020–2021)
- Shailendra Pandey
- as Shaurya (Voice), a white lion who is the guardian of Veer Lok and Mentor of Baalveers. (2019–2021)
- as Akroor (Voice), a black panther who was the protector of Kaal Lok who was defeated by Shaurya in Antim Yuddh but returned along with Timnasa. (2019–2020, 2021)
- Vimarsh Roshan as Bambaal, the cunning antagonist, who was Jalraj Kaykos' younger brother and Commander. He wished to takeover Jalraj's throne and rule over the universe. He was killed by Senior Baalveer. (2020)
- Shoaib Ali as Ray, Jaikas's son and Baalveer's biological twin brother. He has become the most powerful entity by Baalveer's blood and has now teamed up with Timnasa and Bhaymaar. (2020–2021)
- Krutika Desai as Masti Pari (Fun Fairy), a fairy of Fairy Realm or Megha on Earth as one of Baalveer's sisters. Most of the time, she accompanied and guided Vivaan. She had the powers to increase or decrease her size. She was killed by Bhaymar in the 'Antim Yuddh' for saving Ananya. She was also the love interest of Inspector Girpade. (2019–2020)
- Aditya Ranvijay as Bhaymaar, the loyal warlord of Dark Realm. He always competed with Timnasa to take over the throne of Dark Realm by defeating the Baalveers. He was called 'Bhay Raja' (King of Fear) by Tauba Tauba and was extremely skilled at controlling venomous creatures. He was well-liked by Timnasa for his loyalty towards the Dark Realm. He was killed by Senior Baalveer but returned to take his revenge. (2019–2021)
- Shweta Khanduri as Bambaal's loyalist Milsa. She was killed by Bambaal to hide their secret. (2020)
- Ayesha Khan as Birba, the new loyalist of Bambaal. She is the most successful scientist in Shinkai after Milsa. (2020)
- Khushi Mukharjee as Jwala Pari/Jiya, a fairy of Pari Lok with the power of fire (Fire Fairy); Jiya on Earth as one of Baalveer's sisters. She was killed by Timnasa's weapons. (2019–2020)
- Urvi Gor replaced Mukherjee as Jwala Pari. (2020–2021)
- Amika Shail as Vayu Pari/Vidhi, a fairy of Pari Lok with the power of the wind (Wind Fairy); Vidhi on Earth as one of Baalveer's sisters. She was killed by Timnasa's weapons. (2019–2020)
- Nandani Tiwari replaced Shail as Vayu Pari. (2020–2021)
- Anuradha Khaira as Dhwani Pari/Diksha, a fairy of Pari Lok with the power of sound (Sound Fairy); Diksha on Earth as one of Baalveer's sisters.(2019–2021)
- Bhaweeka Chaudhary as Paani Pari/Payal, a fairy of Pari Lok with the power of water (Water Fairy); Payal on Earth as one of Baalveer's sisters. (2019–2021)
- Tia Gandwani as Devaki, who was captured by Timnasa on Dhruv Tara, the former queen of Shwet Lok which later became Kaal Lok. She is the wife of Shwet Lok's King Adityapratap and the biological mother of Ananya and Vivaan and now lives in Bharat Nagar along with her daughter. (2020)
- Atul Verma as Jabdali, a loyal companion of Timanasa. He was killed by Junior Baalveer, Vivaan. (2019–2020)
- Pria Sharma as Nagini. She is a Gorgon and was brought to life by Bhaymar in Baghdad. She was defeated by Baalveer and Aladdin but came back to take revenge. She died because of her own poison. (2020)
- Shridhar Watsar
- as Dooba Dooba, best friend of Baal Veer and a young she-elephant calf named Kiki. He is the elder twin brother of Tauba Tauba but is against him as Tauba Tauba is evil. (2019–2021)
- as Tauba Tauba, the sidekick of Bhaymar. He is the younger twin brother of Dooba Dooba but is against him as Dooba Dooba is on Baalveer's side. (2019–2021)
- Jaya Binju Tyagi as Karuna, Vivaan's adoptive and Khushi's real mother and Dadasaheb's daughter-in-law. Karuna is a businesswoman living in Bharat Nagar with her two children Khushi and Vivaan and father-in-law. She runs a tiffin service business in which she delivers tiffin business. Sometimes, she also gives free food to poor people. (2019–2021)
- Khushi Bhardwaj
- as Khushi, Vivaan's adoptive sister, Karuna's daughter, and Dadasaheb's granddaughter. She is a very good girl who always listens to her elders and loves her family. (2019–2021)
- as Kiki(Voice), a young female elephant calf who is Dooba-Dooba's best friend. (2019–2021)
- Arista Mehta as Sutli Girpade, Vivaan, and Gopu's close friend, and Padmini's daughter. She belongs to a middle-class family living in Bharat Nagar and she is intelligent. Her mother Padmini lives with Sutli's maternal uncle, Inspector Shantaram Girpade. (2019–2020)
- Sia Bhatia replaced Mehta as Sutli Girpade (2020–2021)
- Samay Thakkar as Sarvakaal (voice), the monstrous sage of the Black Realm who was captured by Timnasa, and it was his cosmic power that helped Vivaan kill Timnasa. (2020)
- Yachit Sharma as Rinkoo, Vivaan and Sutli's friend. (2020–2021)
- Aarna Bhadoriya as Chinti Mishra, Chintu's sister, who keeps on troubling Vivaan and his paltan with her brother Chintu. (2019–2021)
- Abhay Bhadoriya as Chintu Mishra, Chinti's brother, who keeps on troubling Vivaan and his paltan with his sister Chinti. (2019–2021)
- Hridyansh Shekhawat as Gopu Chheda, Vivaan, and Sutli's close friend. His father is the owner of a general store in Bharat Nagar. (2019–2020)
- Tapan A. Bhatt as Dadasaheb, Vivaan's adoptive and Khushi's real paternal grandfather, and Karuna's father-in-law. He is a very talkative person. (2019–2021)
- Guru Saran Tiwari as Mr. Munna Mishra, a selfish and greedy man who is Chintu-Chinti's father and Kamini's husband. He always shows off his richness. (2019–2021)
- Anuradha Verma as Mrs. Kamini Mishra, Chintu-Chinti's mother, and Munna's wife. She also shows off her richness. (2019–2021)
- Akshay Bhagat as Mr. Ratilal Chheda, Gopu's father, and Diwali's husband who owns a shop. He is a miser. (2019–2021)
- Neha Prajapati as Mrs. Diwali Chheda, Gopu's mother, and Ratilal's wife. She is a very caring mother towards her son Gopu. (2019–2021)
- Ajay Padhye as Inspector Shantaram Girpade, a bachelor police Sub-Inspector who is Sutli's maternal uncle and Padmini's younger brother. He loves Masti Pari in her human form Megha, and always tries to impress her. (2019–2021)
- Shruti Gholap as Mrs. Padmini Girpade, Sutli's mother, and Girpade's elder sister. Her husband is unknown. She is a middle-class woman and doesn't have enough money to fulfill Sutli's demands. (2019–2021)
- Reena as Dr. Shalini, Rinkoo's mother who is a Gynaecologist. She did the operation on Karuna during her second delivery. (2020–2021)
- Heer Chopra as Saral Pari, a fairy of Pari Lok with the power of Simplicity: she can make anything that's hard simple to do. She was killed by Akroor for scaring Netra Pari. (2019)
- Alisha Chaudhary in two roles as Netra Pari and as Timnasa, Netra Pari is a fairy of Pari Lok with the power of Vision. Her body was used by Timnasa against Baal Veer finding his successor. She was later killed by Timnasa. (2019)
- Purvesh Pimple as Montu, Chintu-Chinti's cousin. (2020–2021)
- Arsheen Naamdar as the child form of Timnasa. (2019–2020)
- Shailesh Gulabani as Parikshak, a sidekick of Bambaal sent to earth for capturing Baalveer. (2020)
- Shagun Singh as Jiya, Chintu Chinti's cousin and dancer. (2020)
- Amit Lohia as Mahabali, the disciple of Guru Gyani who has a protective dress and crown which cannot be destroyed by Veer Lok's protective shield. Later, both the Baalveers manage to take off the protective dress and crown from his head. Guru Gyani then makes him good from evil and heads towards the Himalayas for meditation. (2021)
- Shresth Saxena as Akal, the hunter of goodness who converts good entities into trophies with his magical arrows. (2021)
- Shubh Saxena as Mand, twin brother of Akal and a hunter of goodness who converts good entities into trophies with his magical arrows. (2021)
- Kunal Bakshi as an evil Egyptian king Imaya. (2021)
- Unknown as Pichku (voice), a baby ghost who was trapped in Veer Lok by Shaurya and fairies; has the ability to turn into any object or go through it and can cure every disease or wound. (2021)
- Bharat Bhatia as Babban; Boss of Babban Seth and Sons who wanted to build Casino in the playground where kids play. (2021)
- Unknown as Jaikaas, the biological father of Ray and Senior Baalveer, a dead scientist who aimed to destroy the universe in the year 2020. He was opposed by Shaurya. He gave the responsibility of his elder son and his dream to Bambaal before his death. He was killed in a flight accident. (2020)
- Krutika Desai as Masti Pari. She was killed by Bhaymaar in Antim Yuddh. Later, her spirit came to give powers to Senior Baalveer in his Veer Snan (Warrior Bath). (2020)
- Digvijay Purohit as Jalraj Kaikos, the ruler of the Shinkai kingdom and elder brother of Bambaal. (2020)
From Aladdin – Naam Toh Suna Hoga (2020)
- Siddharth Nigam as Aladdin, the savior of Baghdad from Zafar. He came from the past with Vivaan to help Baal Veer to defeat Timnasa in her attempt to become 'Trikaal Bhay Rani'. Aladdin bravely fought Timnasa and her companions. Later, he went back in the past to Baghdad with Ginu. (2020)
- Raashul Tandon as Ginu, or Chirag ka Jinn (Genie of the Lamp), who was taken by Timnasa from Zafar, the former Grand Vizier of Baghdad of the past. He was hypnotized by Timnasa so he would help Timnasa in her attempt to become 'Trikal Bhay Rani'. He was a very powerful Genie and he was loyal to Aladdin. Although Timnasa managed to achieve the 'Bhoot Mani' and 'Bhavishya Mani' with the help of Ginu, her plans were destroyed by Aladdin and Baal Veers. Later, he went back to the past with his master Aladdin. (2020)
- Aamir Dalvi as Zafar, a deceptive sorcerer, the former Grand Vizier of Baghdad, and a greedy man who plans to take over the world using the Genie of the Lamp's powers from the past. (2020)
Cast of Season 2
- Dev Joshi
- as Happy Pandey, a happy-go-lucky guy from Kanpur, a lookalike of Baalveer who got 1/6th of his powers after his death. (2021–present)
- as Kaal, another lookalike from Drak Lok but evil who got another 1/6th portion of the powers of Baalveer and wants to kill the other lookalikes to obtain all the powers of the dead Baalveer. He has a powerful pet dragon named Kaazo who he has put under his control and is used as a vehicle by him. (2021–present)
- Lookalike of Heem Universe, another lookalike of Baalveer from snow universe (Universe no.1) who was kidnapped by Kaal and killed by Kazo. (2021)
- Vansh Sayani as Vivaan/Junior Baalveer or Baal Veer's successor; biological son and brother of Devaki and Ananya, respectively; adopted son and brother of Karuna and Khushi, respectively. (2021–present)
- Sharmilee Raj as Baal Pari (Tress Fairy), adoptive mother of Baalveer and leader of fairies with the powers of tresses and curls. She is the most powerful and experienced fairy of the Fairy Realm. (2021–present)
- Anahita Bhooshan as Ananya / Karigar Pari (Craftsman Fairy), biological sister of Vivaan, a member of Team Shadow. She was originally a human but now a fairy of Veer Lok with the power to create anything by drawing in the air. (2021–present)
- Shailendra Pandey
- as Shaurya (Voice), a white lion who is the guardian of Veer Lok and Mentor of Baalveer (Vivaan) and Fairies. (2021–present).
- as Swarna Shaurya (Golden Shaurya) (Voice), a golden lion who is the mentor of First Universe and Shaurya's lookalike. (2021–present)
- Shridhar Watsar
- as Dooba Dooba, friend of Kiki. He is the elder twin brother of Tauba Tauba but is against him due to his evil intensions. (2021–present)
- as Mauka Mauka, the servant/sidekick of Vinasham Kaal and lookalike of Dooba Dooba and Tauba Tauba. (2021–present)
- Bhaweeka Chaudhary as Pani Pari, a fairy of Pari Lok with the power of water (Water Fairy)/ Payal, one of Dev's sisters. (2021–present)
- Anuradha Khaira as Dhwani Pari, a fairy of Pari Lok with the power of sound (Sound Fairy) / Diksha, one of Dev's sisters. (2021–present)
- Nandani Tiwary as Vaayu Pari, a fairy of Pari Lok with the power of the wind (Wind Fairy) / Vidhi on Earth as one of Baalveer's sisters. She was killed by Timnasa's weapons and now has returned in her new form. (2021–present)
- Urvi Gor as Jwala Pari, a fairy of Pari Lok with the power of fire (Fire Fairy) / Jiya on Earth as one of Baalveer's sisters. She was killed by Timnasa's weapons and now has returned in her new form. (2021–present)
- Shweta Gautam as Radha Pandey, mother of Happy and Jolly Pandey. (2021–present)
- Mihir Rajda as Jolly Pandey, Happy's brother (2021–present)
- Dimple Kava as Dimple Pandey, Jolly Pandey's wife and Happy's sister-in-law (2021–present)
- Ayat Shaikh as Kuki Pandey, Dimple and Jolly Pandey’s daughter and Happy’s niece (2021-present)
- Krish Rao as Puki Pandey, Dimple and Jolly Pandey’s son and Happy’s nephew (2021-present)
- Jaya Binju Tyagi as Karuna, Vivaan's adopted mother and Khushi's real mother. (2021–present)
- Khushi Bhardwaj as Khushi, Vivaan's adoptive sister, Karuna's daughter
- Neha Prajapati as Mrs. Diwali Chheda, Gopu's mother, and Ratilal's wife. (2021–present)
- Unknown as Goldie, a greedy man who is Happy's enemy. He wanted his money back from Happy which Happy had taken from him. (2021–present).
- Ketan Karande as Tejas Pehelwan, a strong wrestler who was defeated by Happy in wrestling competition. (2021)
The commencement of the show, a sequel to the children's fantasy series Baal Veer, was announced in early August 2019 by Optimystix Entertainment and Sony SAB. The first promo was released in August 2019. The new series cast Dev Joshi as Senior Baalveer, and introduced Vansh Sayani in a lead role as Baalveer's successor. The show had also announced some of the characters and actors of the first season, Sharmilee Raj for Baal Pari’s and Shridhar Watsar for Tauba Tauba and Dooba Dooba’s role. Pavitra Punia was cast as the evil fairy, Timnasa. The series is being taped on sets at Film City, in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
In mid-February 2020, the makers of the show announced the addition of a new character, Ananya, played by debutant, Anahita Bhooshan.
After the Indian government announced the COVID-19 lockdown, the show ceased airing new episodes, along with other shows throughout the Indian entertainment industry. Four months later, after the government relaxed restrictions, the series resumed airing of new episodes, continuing with the storyline that had been interrupted.
In 2020, Pavitra Punia announced that she would exit the series after the end of the Kaal Lok storyline, to participate in Season 14 of Bigg Boss. Subsequently, Krutika Desai, Amika Shail and Khushi Mukherjee also quit the show for other reasons. The storyline ended and producers announced a new season, introducing the underwater kingdom of Shinkai, which would be populated by new villains, Bambaal, Milsa and Ray, played by Vimarsh Roshan, Shweta Khanduri and Shoaib Ali, respectively. The second season premiered on 26 August 2020. Shweta Khanduri left the series after completing a few episodes, and debutante Ayesha Khan was cast as Birba in mid-October 2020.
On 7 December 2020, Sony SAB moved the series from 8 P.M. to 7 P.M. to make way for Hero – Gayab Mode On. In mid-December 2020, makers announced that Vimarsh Roshan was leaving the series, but that Aditya Ranvijay would return as Bhaymaar. Urvashi Gor and Nandani Tiwarywere cast as Jwala Pari and Vayu Pari, respectively. In early January 2021, makers announced the return of Pavitra Punia as Timnasa also, following her eviction from Bigg Boss.
The show premiered on 10 September 2019 at 8 P.M. IST on Sony SAB. The show's setting changed slightly from the first season as new characters were added. Sony announced that the series premiere would be released on streaming service Sony LIV before it was broadcast on TV. As of April 2021[update], the first episode has over 24 million views on YouTube. The series was ranked 7 in the list of the world's top searched TV shows by Google in 2019. The show is so well-liked that it has a 2.5/10 rating on IMDb. In late-January 2020, the show aired a one-week crossover with another series on its network, Aladdin – Naam Toh Suna Hoga.
On 5 April 2021, Baalveer Returns Season 2 premiered.
- "Baalveer Returns: Dev Joshi to return in a new avatar; Pavitra Punia to be seen as the evil force – Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 21 August 2020.
- "Baalveer Returns to stream on SonyLIV before airing on Sony SAB". The Live Mirror. 5 September 2019. Retrieved 13 April 2021.
- "Dev Joshi to play negative character in new season of Baalveer Returns". www.mid-day.com. 7 April 2021. Retrieved 11 April 2021.
- Team, Author: Editorial (25 June 2020). "In the last 8 years, I have imbibed many qualities of Baalveer in real life: Baalveer Returns fame Dev Joshi". IWMBuzz. Retrieved 21 August 2020.
- Team, Editorial (22 July 2020). "I give special attention to everyone I see, meet and talk to: Dev Joshi of Baalveer Returns". IWMBuzz. Retrieved 21 August 2020.
- Team, Author: Editorial (9 July 2020). "The new episodes are packed with action: Dev Joshi on Baalveer Returns". IWMBuzz. Retrieved 21 August 2020.
- Team, Author: Editorial (23 November 2019). "I don't believe in showing off or gaining any privileges through my popularity: Dev Joshi". IWMBuzz. Retrieved 21 August 2020.
- "Baal Veer promises to return with a new partner; watch the promo". Times of India. 6 August 2019.
- "Pavitra Punia to play negative role in Baalveer Returns". Times of India. 31 July 2019.
- Lashkari, Sakshi. "Baalveer Returns Introduces The Splendour Of The Underwater World With A Brand New Season". Jaipur News Today. Retrieved 21 August 2020.
- Team, Tellychakkar. "Sia Bhatia to replace Arista Mehta in SAB TV's Baalveer Returns". Tellychakkar.com. Retrieved 21 August 2020.
- Team, Tellychakkar. "Yachit Sharma roped in for SAB TV's Baalveer Returns". Tellychakkar.com. Retrieved 21 August 2020.
- "Dev Joshi: Playing two starkly different characters, Happy and Kaal, allows me to explore more as an artist". www.mid-day.com. 10 April 2021. Retrieved 11 April 2021.
- "Baalveer to Kaal". Tribuneindia News Service. Retrieved 11 April 2021.
- "Exclusive - My character is lively and peppy with a hint of Kanyapuriya tone: Shweta Gautam aka Radha Pandey who is set to enter Baalveer Returns - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 11 April 2021.
- "Exclusive - Sonali Naik from Maddam Sir and Mihir Rajda from Baalveer Returns share their excitement of celebrating Gudi Padwa - Times of India". The Times of India. 13 April 2021. Retrieved 15 April 2021.
- "Baalveer & Aladdin join forces to fight evil; 27th to 31st Jan; 8pm & 9pm". Retrieved 21 August 2020 – via www.youtube.com.
- "Fans to witness an action-packed week as Baalveer and Aladdin come together to fight evil". Indian Television Dot Com. 24 January 2020. Retrieved 11 September 2020.
- Team, Author: Editorial (15 August 2019). "Baalveer is back!". Tribune India. Retrieved 1 April 2021. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Double the magic! Vansh Sayani to be seen as Baalveer's successor in Baalveer Returns". Tribune India. 18 November 2019. Retrieved 1 April 2021. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Team, Author: Editorial. "Sharmilee raj to play THIS role in Baalveer Returns". tellychakkar.
- Team, Author: Editorial. "Shridhar Watsar to be seen in a new avatar in Baalveer Returns". tellychakkar.
- Team, Author: Editorial. "Pavitra Punia gets diamonds studded in her teeth for Sony SAB's Baalveer Returns". Times Of India.
- "Set Tour Of Baalveer Returns With Baalveer Aka Dev Joshi" – via www.youtube.com.
- Team, Author: Editorial. "Anahita Bhooshan enters in a bubbly avatar on Sony SAB's Baalveer Returns". tellychakkar.
- Team, Author: Editorial. "Sony SAB to air fresh episodes of your favorite serials from July 13". tellychakkar.
- "One actor, three characters: Dev Joshi on his characters in Baalveer Returns". Tribune India. 24 March 2020. Retrieved 1 April 2021. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Team, Author: Editorial. "Pavitra Punia on QUITTING Baalveer Returns for Bigg Boss 14". tellychakkar.
- Team, Author: Editorial. "Baalveer Returns introduces the splendour of underwater world with a brand new season". tellychakkar.
- Team, Author: Editorial. "Vimarsh Roshan to play the new villain in Baalveer Returns". Times Of India.
- "Shoaib Ali gets a new look in Baalveer Returns". Tribune India. 4 November 2020. Retrieved 1 April 2021. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Shoaib Ali back to sets with Sony SAB's Baalveer Returns". Tribune India. 5 September 2020. Retrieved 1 April 2021. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Team, Author: Editorial. "Ayesha Khan to enter SAB TV's Baalveer Returns". tellychakkar.
- Team, Author: Editorial. "Dev Joshi is a STAR: Ayesha Khan of Baalveer Returns". tellychakkar.
- Team, Author: Editorial. "Baalveer Returns to WITNESS a change in TIME SLOT". tellychakkar.
- Team, Author: Editorial. "Vimarsh Roshan aka Bambaal to bid adieu to Baalveer Returns". tellychakkar.
- "Aditya Ranvijay is back in Baalveer Returns". Tribune India. 17 December 2020. Retrieved 1 April 2021. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Team, Author: Editorial. "Baalveer Returns actress Nandani Tiwary roped in for Sab TV's Maddam Sir". tellychakkar.
- Team, Author: Editorial. "Pavitra Punia 'overwhelmed' to be back on Baalveer Returns post 'Bigg Boss' sojourn". Times Of India.
- "Exclusive! Dev Joshi: Playing six different roles in Baalveer Returns is exhausting, but I'm loving the challenge - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 11 April 2021.
- Team, Author: Editorial. "Krutika Desai roped in as a fairy for Baalveer Returns". IWMBuzz.
- "Baalveer Returns - Ep 1 - Full Episode - 10th September, 2019" – via www.youtube.com.
- "Baal Veer, Motu Patlu among world's most-searched TV shows on Google in 2019". India Today. 11 December 2019. Retrieved 16 February 2021. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Team, Author: Editorial. "Baalveer and Aladdin come together to fight the evils Zafar and Timnasa". Times Of India.
- Team, Author: Editorial. "Super Heroes ki super qualities-Here's what Baalveer and Aladdin think Super heroes are made of". tellychakkar.
- "Baalveer Returns 2 में देव जोशी निभाएंगे सात किरदार, हीरो के अलावा करेंगे ये रोल". आज तक (in Hindi). Retrieved 11 April 2021.