|Full name||Ayşe Diker|
|Born||8 March 1984|
|Height||1.65 m (5 ft 5 in)|
|Weight||50 kg (110 lb)|
|Club||Galatasaray Spor Kulübü|
|College team||St. Bonaventure University (U.S.)|
|Coach||Lance Brennan (U.S.)|
Ayşe Diker (born 8 March 1984) is a Turkish former swimmer, who specialized in butterfly events. She represented Turkey, as a 16-year-old, at the 2000 Summer Olympics, and held a total of 25 Turkish records in swimming, including the 200 m butterfly. An active member of Galatasaray Spor Kulübü in her sporting career, Diker also trained for the St. Bonaventure Bonnies swimming and diving team, under head coach Lance Brennan, from 2003 to 2007.
Diker competed only in the women's 100 m butterfly at the 2000 Summer Olympics in Sydney. She achieved a FINA B-cut of 1:03.67 from the Speedo Turkish Open Championships in Istanbul. She challenged six other swimmers in heat two, including two-time Olympians Hsieh Shu-ting and María del Pilar Pereyra. Coming from fourth at the final turn, Diker held off a sprint battle from Pereyra by a tenth of a second (0.10) to grab a third seed in 1:04.65. Diker failed to advance into the semifinals, as she placed forty-second overall on the first day of prelims.
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill. "Ayse Diker". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved 22 June 2013.
- "Underclassmen to key St. Bonaventure's Atlantic 10 women's swimming and diving championship hopes". St. Bonaventure Bonnies. 18 February 2003. Retrieved 22 June 2013.
- "Women's swimming and diving team looks to upset Richmond". St. Bonaventure Bonnies. 16 February 2004. Retrieved 22 June 2013.
- "Swimming – Women's 100m Butterfly Startlist (Heat 2)" (PDF). Sydney 2000. Omega Timing. Retrieved 14 June 2013.
- "Havuzdan iki rekor çıktı" [Two records achieved in the pool] (in Turkish). Radikal. 17 July 2000. Retrieved 22 June 2013.
- "Sydney 2000: Swimming – Women's 100m Butterfly Heat 2" (PDF). Sydney 2000. LA84 Foundation. p. 224. Archived from the original (PDF) on 19 August 2011. Retrieved 19 April 2013.
- Newberry, Paul (16 September 2000). "Thompson anchors U.S. relay win; Thorpe wins 400 free". Canoe.ca. Retrieved 28 May 2013.
|This biographical article related to a Turkish swimmer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|