She was the eldest of the children of Maurice II, Craon, and Isabelle de Meulan. In his testament, Maurice II bequeathed her Craon and Châtelais in the case that her three brothers predeceased her.
In about 1198, she married Guy V de Laval. They had issue:
- Guy VI de Laval known as Guyonnet de Laval (died 1211)
- Ozanne, mentioned in a charter of Réau Abbey, cited by Charles Maucourt de Bourjolly
- Emma de Laval (about 1200 - 27 April 1264) who inherited the title in 1211 on the death of her brother Guyonnet. Married Robert Ier d'Alençon (died 1217), Mathieu II de Montmorency (died 1230) and Jean de Choisy et de Toucy.
- Isabeau (Isabelle) de Laval (died 1244) who married Bouchard VI de Montmorency.
After the death of Guy V in 1210, Avoise remarried with Yves Le Franc in 1215. She bore him, according to Gilles Ménage, four children.
Notes and references
- Cawley, Charles. "Maine & Vendome: Guy V de Laval". Foundation for Medieval Genealogy. Retrieved 7 February 2013.
- The printed texts cite "Choleteis", which M. de Bodard translated as Cholet. One can see, however, in the article by Dom Chamard, pages 401-432 of volume 1 (1885) of the Revue de l'Ouest, that the lords of Cholet, at the end of the 12th-century, were not of the house of Craon.
- de Bourjolly, Charles Maucourt. Mémoire sur les Seigneurs de Laval. I. p. 166.