Poster of Hindi version
|Directed by||Milind Rau|
|Written by||Milind Rau|
Siddharth and Keshava
|Music by||Girishh G.|
|Edited by||Lawrence Kishore|
Viacom 18 Motion Pictures
|Distributed by||Viacom 18 Motion Pictures|
Aval (transl. Her) in Tamil, Gruham (transl. Home) in Telugu, and The House Next Door in Hindi, is a 2017 Indian horror film co-written and directed by Milind Rau. Shot simultaneously in the three languages, the film stars Siddharth and Andrea Jeremiah in lead roles, with Siddharth also working on the film as a co-producer and a co-writer. The film was released on 3 November 2017 to mostly positive reviews in all languages and became a success.The satellite rights of the film is sold to Colors Tamil.
Dr. Krishna (Siddharth), a successful brain surgeon, and his wife Lakshmi (Andrea Jeremiah) live peacefully in their beautiful house under the mountains. Their perfect life together is now disturbed after a family moves into the house next door.
Jennifer (Anisha Angelina Victor) is a troubled teenager and neighbour of Krishna and Lakshmi. Losing her mother at the young age, she has turned out to a rebel. While she doesn't despise her caring stepmother, she never misses a chance to throw tantrums at her either. But, she loves her Halfsister Sara.
Jennifer's rebellious nature makes her do things like smoking for example. During one such time when she sneaks out of the house for a smoke, she picks up some belongings of a dead person. And a series of paranormal incidents abound that affects the lives of the people around her. Jennifer's new house is haunted by ancient spirits, and one of them is bloodthirsty. Aval is not just a conventional humans vs devil narration. It has an angle of good spirits vs bad spirits and how the living suffer as they are jammed between this supernatural tug-of-war.
- Siddharth as Dr. Krishnakanth "Krish"
- Andrea Jeremiah as Lakshmi
- Anisha Angelina Victor as Jennifer "Jenny"
- Atul Kulkarni as Paul
- Suresh as Dr. Prasad
- Avinash Raghudevan as Psychic
- Prakash Belawadi as Pastor Joshua
- Bhawana Aneja as Lizzy
- Deeraj Vaidy as Krish's Friend
- Khushi Hajare as Sarah
The film was planned by Siddharth in June 2016, who revealed that he would work on a horror film alongside actress Andrea Jeremiah to be directed by Milind Rau, who had earlier made the unreleased Kadhal 2 Kalyanam. The title of the film was said to be The House Next Door, and the film was subsequently shot simultaneously in three languages. The principal photography of the film commenced in August 2016.
In October 2017, Andrea Jeremiah revealed that the shoot of the film was over.
|Aval (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)|
|1.||"Kaarigai Kanne"||Muthamil||Vijay Prakash, Shakthisree Gopalan||5:20|
|2.||"Yaarada"||Andrea Jeremiah, Mark Thomas||4:25|
|3.||"Xiao Xiao Ma"||Chen-Yu Maglin, Poorna M||2:25|
- Hindi tracklist
- "O Mere Sanam" - Benny Dayal
- "Ye Waqt Maut Ka Hai" - Suraj Jagan, Shilpa Natarajan
- Telugu tracklist
- "Kaatukka Kanne" - Sathyaprakash, Chinmayi
- "Yevadura" - Shilpa Natrajan, Mark Thomas
- "Xiao Xiao Ma" - Chen-Yu Maglin, Poorna M
- "Aval movie review: The Siddharth and Andrea Jeremiah starrer will test your immunity to horror films". 3 November 2017. Retrieved 15 November 2017.
- "Andrea and Sid to team up for a trilingual film". The Times of India. 12 June 2016. Retrieved 13 June 2016.
- "Andrea Jeremiah Finishes The House Next Door Shoot; Talks about Taramani, and its Portrayal of Relationships". 21 October 2016. Retrieved 15 November 2017.