- Australian Capital Territory Canine Association Inc (Dogs ACT)
- Canine Association of Western Australia Inc (Dogs West)
- Canine Control Council (Queensland) (Dogs Qld)
- North Australian Canine Association Inc (Dogs NT)
- Royal New South Wales Canine Council Ltd (Dogs NSW)
- South Australia Canine Association Inc (Dogs SA)
- Tasmanian Canine Association Inc (Dogs Tas)
- Victorian Canine Association Inc (Dogs Vic)
The Australian National Kennel Council maintains breed registries for purebred dogs it officially recognises and provides governance for Australian National Kennel Council approved dog conformation shows, dog trials and canine events. The Australian National Kennel Council also represents Australia’s kennel clubs internationally as a member of the Fédération Cynologique Internationale.
The first meeting to consider forming the Australian National Kennel Council occurred in April 1949 during that year’s Sydney Royal Easter Show. It was not until April 1958 that a constitution was drafted and presented at the Royal Easter Show, with it being approved and the council forming in September that year at the Royal Melbourne Show.
- Encyclopedia Britannica, "Dog breeds", www.britannica.com, retrieved 23 December 2018.
- Australian National Kennel Council Ltd, "About us: structure", ankc.org.au, retrieved 24 December 2018.
- Fédération Cynologique Internationale, "FCI members and contract partners, Asia, Africa & Oceania", www.fci.be, retrieved 24 December 2018.
- Australian National Kennel Council Ltd, "About us: history", ankc.org.au, retrieved 24 December 2018.
- Australian National Kennel Council, An Historical record of Australian kennel controls Melbourne: Australian National Kennel Council, 1988, ISBN 0-7316-2227-8.
|This dog-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|