The Australian Film Institute International Award for Best Actor was an award in the annual Australian Film Institute Awards (by AFI). It was awarded from 2005-2010. The award has been superseded by the AFI's AACTA International Award for Best Actor.
Previous winners and nominees
- 2005: Russell Crowe — Cinderella Man
- 2006: Heath Ledger — Brokeback Mountain
- 2007: Dominic Purcell — Prison Break
- 2008: Heath Ledger — The Dark Knight
- 2009: Russell Crowe — State of Play
- 2010: Sam Worthington — Avatar
- Goldsmith, Belinda (2008-12-06). "Heath Ledger gets posthumous film award". Reuters.com. Retrieved 2010-09-20.