|Ideology||Right-wing populism |
The Aussie Battler Party is a political party in Victoria, Australia, formed in October 2018 and contested the 2018 state election. It seeks to "represent all of those who are fed up with so much wasting of taxpayers money and time by too many politicians who have forgotten what it is like to live in mainstream society"(sic). The party has been described as arch-conservative and called for a "10-year good behaviour bond" on new migrants and a ban on what they call "paedophile grooming content" in the anti-bullying Safe Schools program.
- Abolishing the anti-bullying program, Safe Schools (calling it "child abuse" and "pro-paedophilia and paedophile grooming content")
- Tackling rising prices by creating a government funded lending institution
- Moving people into regional areas.
One of their candidates was Walter Mikac who was one of the driving forces behind Australia's tougher gun laws, but the party has done a number of preference deals with parties that are supported by the gun lobby. It has participated in preference harvesting deals organised by "preference whisperer" Glenn Druery.
- Jacks, Timna (2018-11-15). "Life coach with sights on upper house wants 10-year bond for migrants". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 2018-11-15.
- "Currently registered parties". Victorian Electoral Commission. Retrieved 29 October 2018.
- "About ABP". Aussie Battler Party. Retrieved 29 October 2018.
- Cockburn, Gerard (28 October 2018). "Aussie Battler Party Fringe factor: your guide to the minor parties". The Age. Retrieved 29 October 2018.
- "Newly-formed Aussie Battlers Party pledging to address "insecurity" in communities". www.3aw.com.au. Retrieved 2018-11-15.
- "Victorian State Election 2018 – Meet the Aussie Battler Party!". Cate Speaks. 2018-11-11. Retrieved 2018-11-15.
- Micro-parties set to win big in Victorian election after vote swap
- Hinch says preference whisperer may have worked against him
|This article about an Australian political party is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|