Augusta Fitzalan-Howard, Duchess of Norfolk (née The Hon. Augusta Mary Minna Catherine Lyons) (1 August 1821 in Torquay, Devon – 22 March 1886 Norfolk House, St James's Square, London), who was commonly known by her middle name, "Minna", was the younger daughter of Edmund Lyons, 1st Baron Lyons by his wife Augusta Louisa (née Rogers).
In 1838/9 Minna was residing with her parents in Athens, whilst her father, Sir Edmund Lyons, was serving as the British Minister to Greece, when Lord Fitzalan, heir to the Duke of Norfolk, became a guest of Sir Edmund Lyons. Whilst a guest, Lord Fitzalan was disabled by an attack of fever, and subsequently nursed by Augusta, with whom he fell in love. The two married with on 19 June 1839, and subsequently had eleven children.
|Lady Victoria Alexandrina Fitzalan-Howard||1840||1870||Married 1861, James Robert Hope-Scott|
|Lady Minna Charlotte Fitzalan-Howard||1843||1921||Carmelite nun|
|Lady Mary Adeliza Fitzalan-Howard||1845||1925|
|Henry Fitzalan-Howard, 15th Duke of Norfolk||1847||1917||15th Duke of Norfolk|
|Lady Etheldreda Fitzalan-Howard||1849||1926||Sister of Charity|
|Lady Philippa Fitzalan-Howard||1852||1946||Married 1888, Sir Edward Stewart (1857–1948)|
|Hon. Philip Thomas Fitzalan-Howard||1853||1855|
|Lord Edmund Bernard FitzAlan-Howard||1855||1947||Created Viscount FitzAlan of Derwent; Married 1879, Lady Mary Caroline Bertie (1859–1938)|
|Lady Anne Fitzalan-Howard||1857||1931||Married 1878, Maj-Gen. Lord Ralph Drury Kerr (1837–1916), son of the 7th Marquess of Lothian|
|Lady Elizabeth Mary Fitzalan-Howard||1859||1859|
|Lady Margaret Fitzalan-Howard||1860||1899||Founded the Catholic Social Union|
- "Miss Lyons and her husband" (PDF). The New York Times. 17 April 1886. Retrieved 14 November 2007.
- "Edmund Lyons, 1st Baron Lyons". Oxford Dictionary of National Biography.
- Eardley-Wilmot, S. M. Lord Lyons:Life of Vice-Admiral Edmund, Lord Lyons. Sampson Low, Marston and Company,1898.
- O’Byrne, William Richard. A Naval Biographical Dictionary, Lyons, Edmund.
- Langford Vere, Oliver. History of the Island of Antigua, Vol. 2. Mitchell and Hughes, London, 1894. pp. 214–217.
- Jenkins, Brian. Lord Lyons: A Diplomat in an Age of Nationalism and War. McGill-Queen’s Press, 2014.
- "Richard Bickerton Pemell Lyons, 1st Viscount Lyons". Oxford Dictionary of National Biography.
|This biography of a duke or duchess in the peerage of England is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|