|Headquarters||Menlo Park, California, U.S.|
August Capital, legally August Capital Master Management Company, LLC, is a venture capital firm founded by David Marquardt and John Johnston in 1995. It is focused on information technology and is based in Menlo Park, California.
August Capital specialized in growth capital and startup investments. The firm has invested in all stages with a focus on early and late stage, management buyouts, and private investments in public equity. The firm has invested in the information technology spectrum including IT infrastructure, data center technologies, systems management, security, storage, and cloud computing systems and software.
Investments include Alta Devices, Bill.com, Be Incorporated, CommonBond, Conexant, CSR, Devicescape, DNN, Ebates, Encentuate, Fastly, GitLab, Hipcamp, INRIX, Integral Ad Science, LendingTree, Livemocha, Liveops, Luxtera, Massdrop, Mavenir Systems, MetroFi, Mirantis, Netpulse, Nomis, Open Garden, OrderAhead, PacketTrap, Paperless Post, Postini, Pubmatic, Quandl, RADLAN, Red Swoosh, Reputation.com, RJMetrics, Rocket Lawyer, Samba TV, Seagate, Six Apart, Snagajob, Splunk, StumbleUpon, Sun Basket, Swoopo, Technorati, Tegile, Ubicom, UpGuard, Urban Airship, Virsto, Wattpad, WePay, Xirrus, and Zulily.
- "August Capital Raises $450 Million For Its Seventh Fund, August VII".
- "August Capital: Private Company Information - Businessweek". www.bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2016-07-19.
- "The Midas List - Forbes, 2012". Forbes. Retrieved 2020-05-08.
- "August Capital | Crunchbase". Crunchbase. Retrieved 2018-06-06.
- "Active Funds Archives". August Capital. Retrieved 2019-02-06.
- Kanellos, Michael. "Intel to invest in Be". CNET. Retrieved 2019-02-07.
- Abrar, Peerzada (2012-06-07). "PubMatic raises $45 million in Mezzanine Financing led by August Capital". The Economic Times. Retrieved 2019-02-07.
|This article about a private equity or venture capital firm based in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|