Atul Kohli is a professor of politics and international affairs at Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Princeton University.
Education and Career
Kohli was promoted to full professor in 1991, and was also appointed as David K.E. Bruce Professor of International Affairs at Princeton in 2002. Kohli is also the Editor in Chief of the journal of World Politics. In addition, he served as the Vice President of the American Political Science Association from 2009 to 2010.
Kohli completed his Bachelors in Sociology and Mathematics, and a Masters in International Affairs from Carleton University. He went on to obtain his PhD in Political Science at University of California, Berkeley in 1981. His principal research interests are in the areas of comparative political economy with a focus on developing countries. He has authored and edited several books on Indian development and the Indian state.
- Kohli, Atul (2004). State-Directed Development: Political Power and Industrialization in the Global Periphery. Cambridge University Press. ISBN 9780521545259.
- Kohli, Atul (2009). Democracy and Development in India: From Socialism to Pro-Business. OUP India. ISBN 9780198068471.
- Kohli, Atul (2012). Poverty Amid Plenty in the New India. New york: Cambridge University Press. ISBN 9780521735179.
- Kohli, Atul (2014). India's Democracy: An Analysis of Changing State-Society Relations. Princeton University Press. ISBN 9780691601106.
- Kohli, Atul; Basu, Amrita (1998). Community Conflicts and the State in India. OUP India. ISBN 9780195642360.
- Kohli, Atul (2008). The Success of India's Democracy. Cambridge University Press. ISBN 9780521805308.
- Kohli, Atul (2014). The State and Development in the Third World: A "World Politics" Reader. Princeton University Press. ISBN 9780691610351.
- Kohli, Atul; Singh, Prerna (2016). Routledge Handbook of Indian Politics. Routledge. ISBN 9781138679191.
- Kohli, Atul; Jaffrelot, Christophe; Murali, Kanta (2019). Business and Politics in India. OUP USA. ISBN 9780190912468.
- "Atul Kohli". Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs. 2013-09-19. Retrieved 2018-07-18.
- "Atul Kohli". scholar.princeton.edu. Retrieved 2018-07-18.
- "ATUL KOHLI - Curriculum Vitae" (PDF). Princeton. Oct 2016.
- "Atul Kohli". Center for the Advanced Study of India (CASI). 2013-08-19. Retrieved 2018-07-18.
- "Atul Kohli". Center for the Advanced Study of India (CASI). 2013-08-19. Retrieved 2019-07-16.
- "Poverty Amid Plenty in the New India; India's Reforms: How They Produced Inclusive Growth". Foreign Affairs. 2012-10-26. ISSN 0015-7120. Retrieved 2019-07-16.
- Baskar, B. (2019-04-21). "The politics of business in India". The Hindu BusinessLine. Retrieved 2019-07-16.
|This biography of an American academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|