|Full name||Athol William Smith|
|Born||29 April 1915|
Lismore, New South Wales, Australia
|Died||1 December 1980 (aged 65)|
Glebe, New South Wales, Australia
Athol William Smith (1915–1980) was an Australian rugby league footballer who played in the 1930s, 1940s and 1950s. A Queensland and Country New South Wales representative forward, he played club football in Sydney for Western Suburbs and Balmain (with whom he won the 1939 and 1944 NSWRFL Premierships and also later coached), as well as in Toowoomba for Souths.
Smith died on 1 December 1980, aged 65.
- Rugby League Project
- Rugby League Project Coaches
- Alan Whiticker/Glen Hudson: Encyclopedia of Rugby League players - 1995 (ISBN 1875169571)
- "Qld Rep Players". qrl.com.au. Queensland Rugby League. Retrieved 2 August 2016.
- "Western Suburbs Magpies First Grade Players". Wests Magpies.
- The Sydney Morning Herald: Death Notice 3/12/1980