|Athletics at the XVIII Pan American Games|
|Dates||July 27 – August 11, 2019|
Athletics competitions at the 2019 Pan American Games in Lima, Peru are scheduled to be held between July 27th and August 11th, 2019 at the Athletics Stadium in the Villa Deportiva Nacional Videna cluster, with the marathon and walks being held at Parque Kennedy.
A total of 48 events will be contested, equally divided among men and women. The women's 50 km walk was added for this edition, marking the first time men and women will compete in an equal number of events.
A total of 740 athletes will qualify to compete. Each nation may enter a maximum of two athletes in each individual event, and one team per relay event. Each event has a maximum number of competitors and a minimum performance standard. Peru as host nation, is granted an automatic athlete slot per event, in the event no one qualifies for that respective event.
The competition schedule for athletics at the 2019 Pan American Games is announced.
Peru)Host nation (
|British Virgin Islands||1||0||0||1|
|17||Trinidad and Tobago||0||4||1||5|
|18||Antigua and Barbuda||0||1||1||2|
|Totals (24 nations)||48||48||48||144|
- Athletics at the 2020 Summer Olympics
- Athletics at the 2015 Pan American Games
- Athletics at the 2019 European Games
- "Pan American Schedule" (PDF). www.lima2019.pe. Lima Organizing Committee for the 2019 Pan and Parapan American Games (COPAL). 13 June 2019. Retrieved 16 June 2019.
- "Qualification System manual" (PDF). www.panamsports.org/. Pan American Sports Organization. 25 April 2018. Retrieved 12 August 2018.