|Atessa Val Di Sangro|
|Comune di Atessa Val Di Sangro|
|• Mayor||Nicola Cicchitti|
|• Total||111 km2 (43 sq mi)|
|Elevation||435 m (1,427 ft)|
|Population (1 January 2008)|
|• Density||96/km2 (250/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|Patron saint||St. Leucius of Brindisi|
|Saint day||11 January|
According to some historian, Atessa's origins date to the 5th century AD.
- Column of St. Christopher (1657)
- Cathedral of St. Leucius, founded in 874, but restored in 1312. It has nave and five aisles, two of which added in 1750. The brickwork façade, restored to its Gothic appearance in 1935, has a medieval rose window. The interior is in Baroque style
- Church of Santa Croce, founded in the 7th century but remade as a rectangular hall in the 14th century and again with a nave and two aisles in the 18th century. It has a Norman-style façade with a Gothic portal and a rose window. The interior is in Baroque style
- Remains of the medieval walls and gates of St. Michael (7th century) and of St. Margaret (6th or 11th century)
The Sevel Sud Italo-French consortium plant, manufacturing the Fiat Ducato and the PSA's equivalent vans, is located in Atessa's territory. Also, the Japanese manufacturer Honda has a factory that produces scooters and engines.
The community has preschool and primary school educational facilities.
- http://demo.istat.it/bilmens2006/index.html (ISTAT demographics)
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2013-06-02. Retrieved 2013-05-27.
- "MENU INVERNALI SCUOLA DI INFANZIA E SCUOLA PRIMARIA IN VIGORE DAL 07/01/2014." Commune of Atessa. Retrieved on July 11, 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Atessa.|
- City of Atessa (in Italian)
|This Abruzzo location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|