Astor Piazzolla International Airport
Aeropuerto Internacional de Mar del Plata "Ástor Piazzolla"
|Airport type||Public / Military|
|Owner/Operator||Aeropuertos Argentina 2000|
|Serves||Mar del Plata, Argentina|
|Elevation AMSL||71 ft / 22 m|
Ástor Piazzolla International Airport (Spanish: Aeropuerto Internacional de Mar del Plata "Ástor Piazzolla", also known as Mar del Plata Airport) (IATA: MDQ, ICAO: SAZM) is an airport serving Mar del Plata, an Atlantic coastal city in the Buenos Aires Province of Argentina.
The airport was named after Brigadier General Bartolomé de la Colina (es), one of the founders of the Argentine Air Force. In August 2008 it was renamed in honour of composer and musician Ástor Piazzolla, who was born in Mar del Plata.
The airport covers an area of 436 hectares (1,080 acres) and is operated by Aeropuertos Argentina 2000. The present terminal building was constructed in 1978 for the FIFA World Cup. In 1994 the terminal was expanded for the Pan American Games. Aeropuertos Argentina 2000 took over airport operation in October 1998.
The airport is on the northern edge of the city, 3 kilometres (2 mi) inland from the coast. East approach and departure may be over the water. The Mar Del Plata VOR-DME (Ident: MDP) and non-directional beacon (Ident: MDP) are located on the field.
Airlines and destinations
|Aerolíneas Argentinas||Seasonal: Buenos Aires-Aeroparque|
|Aerolíneas Argentinas |
operated by Austral Líneas Aéreas
| Bahía Blanca, Buenos Aires-Aeroparque, Buenos Aires-Ezeiza, Cómodoro Rivadavia, Río Gallegos, Trelew, Ushuaia |
Seasonal: Córdoba, Mendoza, Rosario, Tucumán
|Andes Líneas Aéreas||Seasonal: Buenos Aires-Aeroparque|
|Passengers||Change from previous year||Aircraft operations||Change from previous year||Cargo
|Change from previous year|
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2 April 2014. Retrieved 1 April 2014.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- (in Spanish) Aeropuerto Internacional de Mar del Plata "Brigadier Bartolomé de la Colina" Archived 27 November 2012 at Archive.today at Organismo Regulador del Sistema Nacional de Aeropuertos (ORSNA)
- Airport information for Mar Del Plata at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.
- Airport information for Mar del Plata Airport at Great Circle Mapper.
- "Mar del Plata Airport". Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 23 May 2019.
- El aeropuerto de Mar del Plata fue rebautizado como "Ástor Piazzolla" Archived 14 October 2008 at the Wayback Machine, Article in Argentinian newspaper "La Prensa", retrieved 25 September 2008. (in Spanish)
- "Mar Del Plata VOR". Our Airports. Retrieved 23 May 2019.
- "Mar Del Plata NDB". Our Airports. Retrieved 23 May 2019.
- AR Adds Corridor Atlantic
- Current weather for SAZM at NOAA/NWS
- SkyVector - Mar Del Plata Airport
- OpenStreetMap - Ástor Piazzolla International Airport
|This article about an airport in Argentina is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|