The Association for the Study of Nationalities (ASN) is an academic association dedicated to the promotion of knowledge and understanding of ethnicity, nationalism, and ethnic conflict broadly, with a particular geographic focus on Central, Eastern, and Southeastern Europe, Russia, Ukraine, the Caucasus, and Eurasia. ASN is based at New York's Columbia University. It publishes Nationalities Papers and, in collaboration with the Specialist Group on Ethnopolitics of the Political Studies Association, Ethnopolitics.
The ASN organises an Annual World Convention at the Harriman Institute, Columbia University and periodic European conferences. ASN awards annually the Joseph Rothschild Prize in Nationalism and Ethnic Studies to an outstanding book published in the previous calendar year on Russia, Eastern Europe or Eurasia in which substantial attention is paid to questions of ethnicity and/or nationalism; Doctoral Student Awards; and the ASN Documentary Film Audience Award.
- "Publications: Nationalities Papers". Association for the Study of Nationalities. Archived from the original on 28 June 2016. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- "Publications: Ethnopolitics". Association for the Study of Nationalities. Archived from the original on 31 July 2016. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- "ASN Conventions". Association for the Study of Nationalities. Archived from the original on 20 July 2016. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- "Primeur: België centraal op internationaal nationalisme-congres" (in Dutch). HLN.be. 1 April 2011. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- "ASN Prizes". Association for the Study of Nationalities. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
|This political science article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|