Assistant Secretary of the Army
(Financial Management and Comptroller)
|First holder||George H. Roderick|
Assistant Secretary of the Army (Financial Management and Comptroller) (abbreviated ASA(FM&C)) is a civilian office in the United States Department of the Army.
The office of Assistant Secretary of the Army (Financial Management and Comptroller) grows out of a reorganization of the Department of the Army initiated in 1954 by United States Secretary of the Army Robert T. Stevens and largely designed by United States Under Secretary of the Army John Slezak.
The mission of the Assistant Secretary of the Army (Financial Management and Comptroller) is to formulate, submit, and defend the United States Army's budget to the United States Congress and the American public; to oversee the proper and effective use of appropriated resources to accomplish the Army's assigned missions; to provide timely, accurate, and reliable financial information to enable leaders and managers to incorporate cost considerations into their decision-making; to provide transparent reporting to Congress and the American public on the use of appropriated resources and the achievement of established Army-wide performance objectives; and manage and coordinate programs for the accession, training, and professional development of Army resource managers.
List of Assistant Secretaries of the Army (Financial Management and Comptroller), 1954—present (incomplete)
- "James E. Hewes, Jr., ',From Root to McNamara: Army Organization and Administration', (1975), pp. 233–234". History.army.mil. Retrieved 27 May 2011.
- "Army Financial Management Homepage". Assistant Secretary of the Army for Financial Management and Comptroller. Retrieved 22 December 2010.
- "James E. Hewes, Jr., ',From Root to McNamara: Army Organization and Administration', (1975), pp. 381–382". History.army.mil. Archived from the original on 22 May 2011. Retrieved 27 May 2011.
- Kevin D. Jones. "Profile of Douglas A. Brock at the Naval Postgraduate School". Research.nps.edu. Retrieved 27 May 2011.
- Nomination of Pack, Congressional Record, 8 Nov. 2001, p. D551, Memo from Pack while Assistant Secretary Archived 22 July 2011 at the Wayback Machine
- McIntire, Katherine (15 September 2005). "Katherine McIntire Peters, "Chief Financial Officers: Army: Valerie Lynn Baldwin", ',Government Executive',, 15 Sept. 2005". Govexec.com. Retrieved 27 May 2011.
- ""Ford named acting undersecretary of the Army", ',Army Times',, 5 Dec. 2007". Armytimes.com. 4 December 2007. Retrieved 27 May 2011.
- ""Army swears in new financial management secretary", 17 Feb. 2010". Army.mil. Retrieved 27 May 2011.
- ""Congressional Actions on Presidential Nomination (PN) 1559"". United States Congress. Retrieved 4 December 2014.
- "Nominations Confirmed (Civilian)". United States Senate. Retrieved 4 December 2014.
- "Trump nominations tracker: See which key positions have been filled so far". Washington Post. Retrieved 11 October 2018.
- "John E. Whitley Biography". Army Financial Management & Comptroller. Retrieved 11 October 2018.