This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Type||Foreign Policy, National Security|
The Aspen Strategy Group (ASG) is a policy program of the Aspen Institute, based in Washington D.C. The ASG is a membership-based forum composed of current and former policymakers, academics, journalists, and business leaders whose aim is to explore the preeminent foreign policy and national security challenges facing the United States.
The main activities include its annual Summer Workshop meeting in Aspen, several Track II dialogues such as the U.S.-India Strategic Dialogue and the U.S.-China Strategic Dialogue, and the Aspen Ministers Forum, led by Madeleine K. Albright, which convenes former foreign ministers from around the world to focus on international security.
The roots date back to the 1970s, when the Aspen Institute organized the annual conference for scientists that worked on projects for arms control, which developed the Aspen Strategy Group, and is an official program of the Aspen Institute since 1984. Their original focus was on strategic relations, arms control and the US-Soviet Union relationship. The Aspen Strategy Group is made up of members of parliament, government officials, industry representatives, and journalists. Since the end of the Cold War, the group analysis regional and global challenges and examines the economic, social and transnational consequences. The current focus is the issue of international health, energy and environmental policy. The assessments take into account the national interests of the US. The Aspen Strategy Group brings together representatives of different political groups.
- R. Nicholas Burns, Executive Director 
- Anja Manuel, Director 
- Joseph Nye, Co-Chair
- Condoleezza Rice, Co-Chair
- "The Aspen Strategy Group Releases Book on Radicalism in the Middle East". PR Newswire. Retrieved 2018-06-05.
- "About the Aspen Strategy Group". Aspen Institute. Retrieved 2018-06-05.
- Dupuy, Kevin (2017-08-24). "Mayor Landrieu out of town as heavy rains flood New Orleans". WWL-TV. Retrieved 2018-06-05.
- Lamarque, Kevin (2015-11-17). "Assessing the Future of U.S.-India Relations". Council on Foreign Relations. Retrieved 2017-10-19.
- "Brent Scowcroft Award Fellowship". Aspen Institute. Retrieved 2018-06-05.
- "The Aspen Ministers Forum". Aspen Institute. Retrieved 2018-06-05.
- "About the Aspen Strategy Group". Aspen Strategy Group. Retrieved 4 March 2015.
- "Nicholas Burns". The Aspen Institute. Retrieved 2020-04-01.
- "Anja Manuel". The Aspen Institute. Retrieved 2020-04-01.
|This article about a political organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an economics organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|