Universiti Teknologi dan Inovasi Asia Pasifik
|Asia Pacific Institute of Information Technology (1993 - 2004)|
|APIIT Education Group|
|Chairman||Datuk Dr. Parmjit Singh|
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof. Ron Edwards|
11.7 acres (4.7 ha)
|Colours||Verdigris, Alizarin & Sun|
The Asia Pacific University of Technology and Innovation (colloquially known as APU) is a private university in Malaysia. It was formed in 1993 as the Asia Pacific Institute of Information Technology (APIIT) and was renamed in 2004 after being granted University College status to Asia Pacific University College of Technology and Innovation (UCTI). It has produced more than 40,000 graduates under APIIT with association of Staffordshire University.
APU provides undergraduate and postgraduate programs in the areas of information technology, media, business and engineering. APU has opened overseas branches in India, Sri Lanka and Pakistan, although these branches are still under APIIT branding. APU was announced as among the Highest Rated Emerging Universities in Malaysia, being rated at 5-STAR (EXCELLENT Rating) under the SETARA 2017 Ratings by the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE). APU has maintained this Excellent Rating in the SETARA 2011, 2013 and now in 2017. SETARA 2017 5-Star Rating was presented by the Minister of Higher Education Malaysia. The university and its students have received awards, such as the NAPEI Education Excellence Award 2007 (University Category), the Microsoft Imagine Cup Malaysia 2011, the Prime Minister's Award for Industry Excellence 2011., etc.
Other research and development activities are carried out on the campus.
Asia Pacific Institute of Information Technology (APIIT) was founded in 1993 as part of an initiative by the Malaysian Government to address the shortage of IT Professionals in the country. The newly formed institute was based in Damansara Heights, Kuala Lumpur and offered Diploma courses in computing and IT. In the following year, co-operative links were established with Monash University in Australia, leading to the launch of a twinning program in 1995 for Bachelor's degrees. In 1996, they form a partnership with Staffordshire University in UK. The expansion led to the opening of the Kuala Lumpur city campus in 1997, followed by campuses in Karachi, Pakistan (1998), Colombo, Sri Lanka (2000), Lahore, Pakistan (2000), Panipat, India (2001) and Perth, Australia (2004).
In 2003, the Malaysian campus moved to the new premises at Technology Park Malaysia, which was known as APIIT TPM. In March 2017, the Malaysian campus was moved from within the vicinity of the old premises to the new premises location at Jalan Teknologi 5, Technology Park Malaysia. The old premises now houses "APIIT Sdn Bhd" which cater for IT Professional Development Courses. Semester exams are held regularly at the exam hall located on the ground floor since 2017.
The curriculum had since developed, with the institution being recognize as SUN and Microsoft authorized training center. In 1998, the institution became an SAP University Alliance Partner. In 2001, the institution became a Microsoft Certified Technical Education Center. APIIT attained university college status in 2004, and was renamed to Asia Pacific University College of Technology & Innovation (UCTI) and further renamed to Asia Pacific University of Technology & Innovation (APU) after attaining university status.
The University is divided into eight schools:
- School of Accounting, Finance and Quantitative Studies
- School of Business and Management
- School of Computing and Technology
- School of Engineering
- School of Foundation
- School of General Studies
- School of Media, Arts and Design
- School of Postgraduate Studies
Actives and representative council
The Asia Pacific University Student Activities and Representative Council (also known as The SARC), is the official students' union which handles 5 major events of the year and represent the students, clubs and societies in any inter-varsity events or collaborations. The SARC student body is elected annually in January by the university students for a term of 1 year. Unlike most student council from other universities, the SARC do not represent the students in matters pertaining to the University's decision-making process. The SARC student body is governed by the Department of Student Affairs which acts as an advisory board.
- Article about APU History
- Official Video Commercial of Asia Pacific University of Technology & Innovation
- "Expatriate Malaysia Education Guide – APU – Asia Pacific University of Technology & Innovation Malaysia". expat.com.my. Retrieved 19 December 2011.
- "APIIT – History". APIIT. Archived from the original on 11 December 2011. Retrieved 19 December 2011.
- Ekuinas Launching ILMU Education Group
- Article about IEE Inauguration in APU
- "The University". apu.edu.my. Retrieved 3 January 2017.
- "Staffordshire University – UCTI – International Partnership Students Graduate". Staffordshire University. Retrieved 19 December 2011.[permanent dead link]
- "About APIIT India". APIIT. Retrieved 19 December 2011.
- "About APIIT Sri Lanka". APIIT. Archived from the original on 3 December 2011. Retrieved 19 December 2011.
- "APIIT branch at Karachi, Pakistan". APIIT. Archived from the original on 30 December 2011. Retrieved 19 December 2011.
- "DEVELOPMENT OF PRE-PROGRAMMED OPERATING COURSEBOT FOR UCTI(UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY & INNOVATION)(Company origins section)" (PDF). Universiti Teknologi Malaysia. Archived from the original (PDF) on 22 April 2012. Retrieved 19 December 2011.
- "UCTI team wins Imagine Cup with cancer care system". The Star (Malaysia). Retrieved 19 December 2011.
- "Best in industry". The Star (Malaysia). Retrieved 19 December 2011.
- "UCTI – R&D Achievements". UCTI. Archived from the original on 16 November 2011. Retrieved 19 December 2011.
- "E-Brochures". Asia Pacific University. Retrieved 22 January 2017.
- "APU Student ARC". APU Student Affairs. Archived from the original on 2 February 2017. Retrieved 22 January 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Asia Pacific University of Technology and Innovation.|