On January 21, 2015, Asia Bancshares, the holding company for Asia Bank, entered into a definitive agreement with Cathay General Bancorp, the holding company for Cathay Bank, for the merger of Asia Bancshares into Cathay. All retail banking locations of Asia Bank have been converted to Cathay Bank since then.
Its offices are located as follows:
- Main Branch on Roosevelt Avenue in Flushing, Queens, NY
- Loan Center on Roosevelt Avenue in Flushing, Queens, NY
- Elmhurst Branch on Broadway in Elmhurst, Queens, NY
- Chinatown Branch in Chatham Square in New York, NY
- Rockville Branch on Hungerford Drive in Rockville, Maryland
Like other banks of its type, Asia Bank, N.A. caters primarily to overseas Chinese. Patrons are able to conduct business in Chinese if they prefer or have a necessity to do so. Likewise, patrons can expect employees to be familiar with norms of etiquette in Asia.
- Asia Bank, National Association in Flushing, New York (NY), MD
- "Cathay General Bancorp And Asia Bancshares Enter Into Definitive Agreement For Merger" (Press release). PR Newswire. January 21, 2015. Retrieved November 12, 2015.
|This United States bank-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|