This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Castle Mill Lane, Ashley
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Postcode district||WA14, WA15|
Ashley is a village and civil parish in Cheshire, England. At the 2001 census, it had a population of 261. The village is close to the border with Greater Manchester, just to the south of the M56 motorway and Manchester Airport. Neighbouring villages include Hale, Rostherne and Mobberley. There is a public house, The Greyhound Inn.
The Brereton family were Lords of the Manor of Ashley for several generations, from the reign of Henry VIII to about 1660.
Ashley Cricket Club was founded in 1888.
- Sir John Brereton (1576-1629), King's Serjeant-at-law (Ireland)
- Craig Charles - Red Dwarf, Coronation Street and BBC Radio 6
- Humphrey Mainprice, cricketer
- Ashley railway station
- Listed buildings in Ashley, Cheshire
- Ashley Hall
- St Elizabeth's Church, Ashley
- "Humphrey Mainprice". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 30 March 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ashley, Cheshire.|
|This Cheshire location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|