|Ashdown High School|
171 Locust Street
|School type||Millage Tax, Public comprehensive|
|Motto||Attitude + Hard work = Success (AHS)|
|School district||Ashdown School District|
|Authority||Ashdown Public School Board|
|NCES School ID||050258000028|
|Teaching staff||58.55 (on FTE basis)|
|Age range||13-21 (Max age by Ark. law)|
|Average class size||20|
|Student to teacher ratio||7.05|
|Education system||ADE Smart Core|
Advanced Placement (AP) Concurrent Enrollment agreement with Cossotot Community College of the University of Arkansas
|Fight song||On Wisconsin|
|Athletics||Football, Volleyball, Golf, Basketball, Wrestling, Baseball, Softball, Track, Cheer|
|Team name||Ashdown Panthers|
|Feeder schools||Ashdown Junior High School (6–8)|
Ashdown High School is a comprehensive public high school located in the town of Ashdown, Arkansas, United States. The school provides secondary education for students in grades 9 through 12. It is one of two public high schools in Little River County, Arkansas and the sole high school administered by the Ashdown School District.
Ashdown High School is accredited by the Arkansas Department of Education (ADE) and has been accredited by AdvancED since 1929. The assumed course of study follows the Common Core curriculum developed by the ADE. Students complete regular (core and elective) and career focus coursework and exams and may take Advanced Placement (AP) courses and exams with the opportunity to receive college credit.
In 2011, Ashdown High School was ranked No. 1,885 of 2,008 high schools in the nation rated in the Challenge Index with an index score of 1.110. In 2012, Ashdown significantly improved its ranking with a 2.609 index score and rated No. 563 of 2,008 high schools evaluated.
The Ashdown High School mascot and athletic emblem is the panther with purple and gold serving as the school colors.
The Ashdown Panthers compete in interscholastic activities within the 4A Classification via the 4A Region 7 Conference, as administered by the Arkansas Activities Association. Ashdown Panthers won the 3A state championship during the 2018-19 Basketball season. The Panthers field teams in football, golf, basketball, cheer, baseball, softball, and track and field.
Clubs and traditions
Ashdown students participate in competitive debate and speech competitions. Students may also engage in a variety of clubs and organizations such as: Future Farmers of America (FFA), FCCLA, Student Council, Beta Club, Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA), Young Democrats, National Honors Society, Chess Club, and Quiz Bowl.
- "Search for Public Schools - Ashdown High School (050258000028)". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved November 25, 2012.
- "ASHDOWN HIGH SCHOOL". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved June 7, 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Institution Summary, Ashdown High School". AdvancED. Retrieved November 25, 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Best High Schools 2012". U.S. News & World Report. Retrieved November 23, 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "The High School Challenge". The Washington Post. Retrieved February 8, 2013. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "School Profile, Cave City High School". Arkansas Activities Association. Archived from the original on March 4, 2016. Retrieved November 25, 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "2012–13 Arkansas High School Sports Record Book" (PDF). Arkansas Activities Association. Archived from the original (PDF) on May 31, 2013. Retrieved November 23, 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)