|Other names||Gorky, Sajjad, Aarya|
|Known for||Bigg Boss 8|
|Spouse(s)||Jasmine Puri (m. 2016)|
|Relatives||See Babbar family|
Aarya Babbar started his film career with Raj Kanwar's Ab Ke Baras, alongside Amrita Rao. He has worked with stalwarts like Mani Ratnam, Madhur Bhandarkar and Vikram Bhatt. Also, he appeared in films such as Yaar Annmulle, Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola and Ready. Aarya Babbar acted in the Bengali film Paapi in 2012, opposite Prosanjit, Pooja Bharti and Sayantika. The Hindi version Paapi released on 11 October 2013. In 2013, he also appeared in the Punjabi movie Heer and Hero, opposite Minissha Lamba.
He was a contestant on Bigg Boss 8, where he managed to survive for 8 weeks and 56 days. Aarya Babbar released his first screen novel My fiancée, me & #IFu**ed Up on 2 February 2015. He has also written a comic book named Pushpak Viman. His latest release is Bangistan, alongside Riteish Deshmukh.
Awards and nominations
Babbar won the National Award of the Journalist Association for Upcoming Actor in Action. He was nominated at the Star Screen Awards in the Most Promising Newcomer - Male category for his film Ab Ke Baras.
|2002||Ab Ke Baras||Karan/Abhay|
|2003||Mudda: The Issue||Rajbir|
|2004||Thoda Tum Badlo Thoda Hum||Raju|
|2010||Virsa||Yuvraj Singh Grewal (Yuvi)||Punjabi Film|
|2010||Tees Maar Khan||Inspector Dhurinder|
|2011||Yaar Annmulle||Gurveer (Guru)||Punjabi Film|
|2012||Dangerous Ishq||Aarif (Durgham Shah)|
|2013||Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola||Baadal|
|2013||Jatts In Golmaal||Sunny||Punjabi Film|
|2013||Naughty Jatts||Rocky Deol||Punjabi Film|
|2013||Heer and Hero||Fateh||Punjabi Film|
|2014||Ishq Dot Com|
|2016||Chalk n Duster||Anmol|
|2020||Gandhi Fer Aa Gya||Gandhi|
|2014||Bigg Boss 8||Colors (TV channel)||himself||Evicted Day 56 - 16 November 2014|
|2015||Sankatmochan Mahabali Hanuman||Sony Entertainment Television (India)||Dashanan Ravan||Antagonist (replaced on Friday, 30 Sept. 2016, last appearance Tuesday, 27 Sept. 2016)|
|2015||Darr Sabko Lagta Hai (episode fifteen)||&TV with Ishita Sharma||Dr. Ashwin Sood|
Aarya Babbar is the son of actor turned politician Raj Babbar and theatre personality Nadira Babbar. He has one elder sister, the actress Juhi Babbar, whose husband is the famous actor Anup Soni. Aarya also has a half-brother, the actor Prateik Babbar, who is the son of Raj Babbar by his second wife Smita Patil. Through his mother Nadira Babbar (born Nadira Zaheer), Aarya is the grandson of the communist activist Sajjad Zaheer and first cousin of Pankhuri Zaheer, His ex-girlfriend was Sristhi Nayyar, who is now married to the TV actor Rajat Tokas On 22 Feb 2016, Aarya married his girlfriend Jasmine Puri in a traditional Sikh wedding ceremony. Jasmine is reported to be employed at a major film/TV production house.
- "Arya Babbar". Retrieved 23 February 2016.
- "India News, Latest Sports, Bollywood, World, Business & Politics News". The Times of India. Retrieved 27 November 2015.[dead link]
- "India News, Latest Sports, Bollywood, World, Business & Politics News". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 29 January 2015. Retrieved 27 November 2015.
- "India News, Latest Sports, Bollywood, World, Business & Politics News". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 13 November 2013. Retrieved 27 November 2015.
- "Paapi". IMDb. Retrieved 23 February 2016.
- "A contemporary Pushpak Viman by Aarya Babbar". dna. 12 July 2010. Retrieved 23 February 2016.
- "Turning novellist, Arya Babbar takes comic turn". Indian Express. 24 September 2010. Retrieved 27 November 2015.
- "Bigg Boss season 8: Meet Punjabi munda of the house Arya Babbar". D B Corp Ltd. Daily Bhaskar. 21 September 2014. Retrieved 16 February 2016.
- "Screen Weekly Awards 2003". Retrieved 23 February 2012.
- Aarya Babbar weds Jasmine Puri