|Industry||Video game industry|
|Founded||September 21, 1992Quebec City, Canadain|
Number of employees
Behaviour Interactive Inc. is a Canadian video game development studio specializing in the production of 2D and 3D action/adventure games for home video game consoles, handheld game consoles and personal computers.
The company was founded in 1992 in Quebec City as Megatoon. Two years later, Racine co-founded a Montreal-based Multimedia Interactive (MMI) to develop interactive entertainment software for CD-ROM. Both companies were sold to Malofilm Communications in 1996, and a year later, they were merged into Behaviour Interactive. In 1999, Racine and some investors bought the studio back, but they had to rename it, changing the name in 2000 to Artificial Mind & Movement Inc. (A2M). In November 2008, the company acquired Santiago-based Wanako Games from Activision Blizzard, which was the first and largest South American game studio. By 2010, the studio's name was reverted to Behaviour Interactive, partly due to increased production of original titles and thus stronger presence in the gaming community, partly due to the availability of the original name, and partly due to one particular obscene interpretation of the initialism "A2M".
as Artificial Mind & Movement
as Behaviour Interactive
Bethesda infringement lawsuit
On June 21, 2018, Bethesda Softworks sued Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and Behaviour Interactive over Westworld, a mobile game based on the science fiction television series Westworld, alleging that the game is a "blatant rip-off" of Fallout Shelter, another mobile game, co-developed by Behaviour.
In a suit filed in a United States District Court for the District of Maryland, Bethesda alleges that Westworld "has the same or highly similar game design, art style, animations, features and other gameplay elements" as Fallout Shelter. Bethesda sued for copyright infringement, breach of contract and misappropriating trade secrets, seeking a jury trial and damages. The lawsuit also alleged that Westworld identically reproduced some software bugs that were originally present in Fallout Shelter.
- "Video: Inside the massive success of Dead by Daylight". venturebeat.com. May 6, 2019. Retrieved June 2, 2019.
- "History". Behaviour Interactive. Archived from the original on 14 November 2010. Retrieved 3 September 2019.
- "Our History". Behaviour Interactive inc. Archived from the original on September 1, 2014. Retrieved September 7, 2014.
- Grant, Christopher (November 8, 2010). "Artificial Mind and Movement rebrands; (re)introducing Behaviour Interactive". Joystiq. Archived from the original on October 14, 2014. Retrieved September 7, 2014.
- A2M (November 20, 2008). "A2M Acquires Chilean Developer Wanako Games" (Press release). Bloomberg. Retrieved September 7, 2014.
- "Bethesda sues Warner Bros, calls its Westworld game 'blatant rip-off' of Fallout Shelter". Polygon. Retrieved 2018-06-23.
- "Bethesda sues Warner for ripping off Fallout Shelter in its Westworld game". PC Gamer.