Brown at St. Michael's, c. 1961
January 28, 1942|
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
July 26, 2019 (aged 77)|
Apsley, Ontario, Canada
|Height||5 ft 11 in (180 cm)|
|Weight||185 lb (84 kg; 13 st 3 lb)|
Toronto Maple Leafs|
New York Rangers
Detroit Red Wings
New York Islanders
Stewart Arnold Brown (January 28, 1942 – July 26, 2019) was a professional ice hockey defenceman in the National Hockey League (NHL), who played for the Toronto Maple Leafs, New York Rangers, Detroit Red Wings, New York Islanders, and Atlanta Flames. After one season in the World Hockey Association (WHA), with the Vancouver Blazers, Michigan Stags and Baltimore Blades, Brown retired in 1975.
Brown died on July 26, 2019 at the age of 77.
- Surgent, Scott (2013). The Complete World Hockey Association, 9e. Tempe, Arizona. p. 223. ISBN 1-490967400.
- "No overhaul planned: Burke says as Leafs win". The National Post. February 22, 2009. Retrieved December 1, 2009.[permanent dead link]
- "One of the sorriest NHL teams ever..." Sports Illustrated. October 11, 1982. Retrieved December 1, 2009.
- "People in the Community Councilor Arnie Brown". Aspley Voice. July 2006. Retrieved October 7, 2017.
- "Legends of Hockey -- NHL Player Search -- Player -- Arnie Brown". www.hhof.com. Hockey Hall of Fame. Retrieved October 7, 2017.
- Cohen, Russ; Halligan, John; Raider, Adam (2009). 100 Ranger Greats: Superstars, Unsung Heroes and Colorful Characters. John Wiley & Sons. ISBN 0470736194. Retrieved January 25, 2020.
- "Brown, longtime NHL defenseman, dies at 77". NHL.com. July 27, 2019. Retrieved July 28, 2019.
- Biographical information and career statistics from NHL.com, or Eliteprospects.com, or Hockey-Reference.com, or The Internet Hockey Database
- Dual Citizenship: Arnie Brown
- Greatest Hockey Legends: Arnie Brown
|This biographical article relating to a Canadian ice hockey defenceman born in the 1940s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|